Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    New chore coat. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    New overalls. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Does anyone's wife have a larger clothes closet than @SGH must have?  :tongue:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    Botch said:
    I bet he has a whole walk-in just for overalls.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    It’s next to his cedar closet for dress overalls as it should be.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I bought a 60k major service for the Outback. Ouch that hurt.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

That was a deciding factor on when I sold my outback.  Seems to me it was a couple grand?

Phoenix 
  • SGH
    HeavyG said:
    I wish that I did. My next house will definitely have a dedicated closet just for my clothes. 

Status- Standing by.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited February 2019
    blasting said:

That was a deciding factor on when I sold my outback.  Seems to me it was a couple grand?

What all do they do that can't be done at home? 

Edit: looks like old and filter change, rotate tires, check fluids, change air and cabin filter, check pcv valve. The rest is visual inspection. So 50 bucks in parts and two hours time. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Well the kanooter valve replacement is expensive.  And don't forget the wankel apex seals.  
    SGH said:
    HeavyG said:
    I wish that I did. My next house will definitely have a dedicated closet just for my clothes. 
    Initially  =)=)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Way to persevere to find what you want then get it. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    I’m currently purchasing medical care.  Apparently this lovely rehab facility isn’t cheep.   Told my wife to check me out and send me to Shady Pines (most of you won’t get that reference).   Also we’ve come to the conclusion which sucks but we are going to buy a condo.  I’m against it but with the spinal cord stroke and prognosis it’s best.  So that’s what I’m spending my money on.  To think all I wanted to buy was the new smokware smokin flavor maker for Norah. 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    edited February 2019
    @ryantt -Just keep moving forward-one hurdle at a time.
    Regarding the condo, from an ease of movement, upkeep etc it sounds like the best way to go. I am sure you are aware but many come with restrictions regarding the outside appearance (read Q rigs) and other constraints.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    @lousubcap my wife is supposed to go look at some new condo units being built close to us. They have a few options from what I’ve been told.  Some are attached to another unit, while others are freestanding which would be my preference.  From her conversation with the developer a large patio is included (I’m guessing 12x12) but upgrades are avaiabe to the patio area.  She has mentioned thst I have a few grills tjat I keep outdoors, and he said that’s fine....but I’d like to see it in writing.  Prices aren’t bad, starting around 220 for a freestanding unit, fees are 250/mo which includes water sewer trash lawn care and snow removal.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @ryantt You have the right approach.  In writing or it doesn't exist, and the developer and follow-on mgt company are likely not the same entity.  Due diligence for sure. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    Walmart has 7 quart Crock Pots on sale for 19 bucks. I snagged one up just because. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited February 2019
    Just ordered 1,200 rounds of 22 Short and 5,000 rounds of 22LR. 

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    SGH said:
    Just orders 1,200 rounds of 22 Short and 5,000 rounds of 22LR. 
    You should consider 6.5 Creedmoor.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    The 22 is for my 4 year old granddaughter. She is still a little small for the 6.5. 

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    The 22 is for my 4 year old granddaughter. She is still a little small for the 6.5. 
    How many pair of overalls does she have?  ;)
  • SGH
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    How many pair of overalls does she have?  ;)
    My wife refuses to let me dress her in overalls. I simply don’t understand. 

Status- Standing by.

• Where do you buy ammo? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• SGH
    Where do you buy ammo? 
    Here are a few of my favorites. I monitor their sites and go with who has the best deals. I use a few other sites as well depending on what I’m buying. But for bulk 22, 12 gauge, 223, 300 Blackout, 30/06 and 308, those sites have great deals if you buy large quantities.  

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/

https://www.luckygunner.com/bulk-ammo

https://www.bulkammo.com/

https://ammo.com/bulk-ammo

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/specials/bulk-ammo/

https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/534-bulk-ammo

http://ammunitionstore.com/categories/bulk-ammo.html

https://www.ammoboard.com/

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist?k=bulk+ammo

https://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/bulk-ammo-for-sale.html

Status- Standing by.

• Posted in the what are you doing now thread, but RTIC is having 25% site wide sale, promo code FB25. Grabbed a white 45 for gameday/traveling to leave my 65 at home (thing is a beast to carry for one person).

• Also, from seeing some of you fine folks using the Nando’s Peri-Peri sauce, they are bogo at Publix this week so will give them a go next time I’m doing some wings. 

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Grabbed that Nandos BOGO too, garlic chicken parts later this week. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.