Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

superbowl plans

Options
13»

Comments

• HogFather
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    bgebrent said:
    And watching Brady school the Rams. 
    I hope Brady gets skewered with a goat horn.  =)
    Your just mad because the colts can’t beat the goat!
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    bgebrent said:
    I hope we both get to enjoy a great game. If the greatest quarterback of all time can’t beat the child quarterback the Rams have, then SRF brisket is shoe leather. Go Pats. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    HogFather said:
    ColtsFan said:
    bgebrent said:
    *you're 

I'll be the first to admit that Brady is good, maybe even the best of all time. I just can't say that he's come by it without questioning his and the Patriots integrity.

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The GOAT should be playing the SGOAT, not man-child. No offense to man-child.
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I never knew how busy I really was until I saw so many people here planning not to do something 🙄 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    We are going to a neighbors house. I begged her to let me supply the BBQ. She refused and is catering from a BBQ joint with many stores that, I'm guessing, will be subpar. She even told me: "I know it won't be as good as yours but I would never ask you to do that much work."
    They don't understand the pride and the love, do they?   ;)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    The GOAT should be playing the SGOAT, not man-child. No offense to man-child.
    Sad sack crap.  I agree the Aints should be in game. They would lose to The Pats. Consider yourself lucky. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • HogFather
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    HogFather said:
    ColtsFan said:
    bgebrent said:
    *you're 

I'll be the first to admit that Brady is good, maybe even the best of all time. I just can't say that he's come by it without questioning his and the Patriots integrity.

Your probably one of those college graduates aren’t.
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    HogFather said:
    ColtsFan said:
    HogFather said:
    ColtsFan said:
    bgebrent said:
    *you're 

I am. 

You must be someone's new troll account. I'm not fun to play with. Sorry 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• HogFather
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    HogFather said:
    ColtsFan said:
    HogFather said:
    ColtsFan said:
    bgebrent said:
    *you're 

I am. 

You must be someone's new troll account. I'm not fun to play with. Sorry 
    That’s what your sister of lady says too
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • cheeaa
    cheeaa Posts: 364
    Options
    Yup, from stl. No one here seems to give 2 ufcks about this one. Is it possible for the rams lose without the friggin Patriots winning again? Doing wings so that'll be good at least 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I’ll be poking voodoo dolls with pens. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    I’ll be poking voodoo dolls with pens. 
    Egg the dolls raised direct.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    I have been told by the the Queen that we will be watching the game because...duh, the commercials.  JFC. That's the one part I normally don't watch.

So I guess I'll be cooking something. Maybe some gruel.  Stale bread on the side and water from the puddle in the street. 

Shoot me now.
    I'm surprised The Queen is going to watch the Superbowl, I saw HRH on TV talking about Phil's minor car crash and she wouldn't stop going on about how The Saints were robbed.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I have been told by the the Queen that we will be watching the game because...duh, the commercials.  JFC. That's the one part I normally don't watch.

So I guess I'll be cooking something. Maybe some gruel.  Stale bread on the side and water from the puddle in the street. 

Shoot me now.
    I'm surprised The Queen is going to watch the Superbowl, I saw HRH on TV talking about Phil's minor car crash and she wouldn't stop going on about how The Saints were robbed.
    lol
    Options
    @nolaegghead, theres always this =)

Image result for kitten bowl

Now that's just fuckin cute.  Until you are shredded with teeth and claws.  ;)
    Options
    I'm with @Zippylip. Sicilian pizza (13x18" sheet pan in the oven) for me. Never tried one before, but this one has been on my to do list forever.
    I'm sure you'll love it, great way to do pies in the winter & warm up the house at the same time.  My plans were altered, my son & his girlfriend are coming over for his annual birthday pizza party celebration for which he submits his menu (usually with mere moments to spare); this year he gave me a whole day =), so it looks like I'll be doing a bbq chicken with bacon for him & a pineapple & bacon for his girl.  This takes me out of Sicilian mode & back to round.  Question now is do I do them in the oven or venture outdoors to crank up the Blackstone.  Prolly go outside, I think, that nasty ass Polar Vortex finally went back from whence it came so we'll be back to normal in the mid 40s tomorrow for the noontime cook.  As for the actual superbowl cook, I'll probably be reheating some of the leftover pie from lunch & falling asleep on the Barcalounger by half time :o
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    bubbajack said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I've been instructed that I am to make a hot crab dip. What else.... Who knows? 
    I would like to know more about that hot crab dip?
    Nothing fancy. Just the Old Bay recipe. It's always a hit. I'll do it in a cast iron skillet on the egg

https://www.mccormick.com/recipes/appetizer/old-bay-hot-crab-dip
    Quick trip the the grocery store and WE are now doing this dip, as well. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
    I decided on a Wisconsin theme and went with Sheboygan style brats and beer cheese soup for the game tomorrow. I was a little disappointed I couldn't find New Glarus beer out here.

Sheboygan takes their brats so seriously they have a town oath.

Mountain View, CA
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Couldn’t find anyone that planned to watch the game, so I cancelled our Super Bowl party and scheduled a round of golf instead (supposed to be 68 on Sunday).  Can enjoy cigars and beer on the course!
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    dmourati said:
    I decided on a Wisconsin theme and went with Sheboygan style brats and beer cheese soup for the game tomorrow. I was a little disappointed I couldn't find New Glarus beer out here.

Sheboygan takes their brats so seriously they have a town oath.

We can't even get New Glarus in Minnesota and we're only a state away. They don't sell outside Wisconsin. They were in Chicago for a short period but pulled out after a fallout. That was enough where the owner said he/she will never sell outside of Wisconsin again. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Too bad. I liked New Glarus when I lived in Chicago. That was around 2000-2004.

I like sticking to themes in cooking so a legitimate Wisconsin beer would have made it for me. I went with a local Pilsner called Trumer Pils. German recipe, brewed in Berkeley,CA.

My wife's from MN.
    Mountain View, CA
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options

Well the football gods gave Goodel got exactly what he bargained for when he inserted his team of choice into the SB, the least interesting game in recent memory; I literally fell asleep twice during the second half. 

But the pizzas turned out good, ended up baking them on screens in the oven, too lazy in the end to walk outside.  Smoked some thighs with pecan on Saturday with @Natureboy’s new spicy dust for the bbq chicken pie, the boy gobbled up ¾’s of it himself

happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I was outside cooking salmon and chicken when I wasn't inside updating a couple of computers and programming a new phone. I will be looking at the news shortly to see who won.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.