Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig recommendation

2»

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    Well, Swamp Venom arrived today from Amazon .  Opened the package to find this. And it says product is not eligible for return and doesn’t have a replace option . 

Contact the seller as they might send out a replacement more carefully packed.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG said:
    Well, Swamp Venom arrived today from Amazon .  Opened the package to find this. And it says product is not eligible for return and doesn’t have a replace option . 

Yeah I emailed them , wasn’t able to include order info or pic .  They better replace or I will write a scathing review with pic haha

1 Large Egg, Blackstone griddle

Belgium...........The Netherlands??

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited February 2019
    Their return policy doesn't matter, just get on the chat and you'll have your money refunded in about 2 minutes.
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,265
    Go online and chat with Amazon support. In my experience, they will take care of it for you.
    Mountain View, CA
  • dmourati said:
    Go online and chat with Amazon support. In my experience, they will take care of it for you.
    I will have to , seller already emailed back and said it wasn’t their problem 

• Well, Swamp Venom arrived today from Amazon .  Opened the package to find this. And it says product is not eligible for return and doesn’t have a replace option . 
    For a moment I thought you experienced a Focker clumping issue !!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    HeavyG said:

Yeah I emailed them , wasn’t able to include order info or pic .  They better replace or I will write a scathing review with pic haha
    Getting your money back isn't likely a problem as Amazon will be on your side. I would have contacted the vendor mainly to give them an opportunity to learn from their mistake and resend a bottle correctly.
    If they don't care to learn from and correct their mistake then public shaming seems a fair response. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Yowza!! Amazon sent it in an envelope? We've never even tried that mailing technique. They mail a lot more stuff every day than we do, and you'd think they'd know better. Painful to observe. 
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Yowza!! Amazon sent it in an envelope? We've never even tried that mailing technique. They mail a lot more stuff every day than we do, and you'd think they'd know better. Painful to observe. 
    Amazon just refunded , couldn’t get me a replacement . I will just drive 20 miles to BGE dealer and get some 

• Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    I always order direct from Dizzy Pig.
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    We also order direct. Great service.

George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    After doing this for 17 years I still get goosebumps when I see folks commenting on the seasonings we put our hearts into. Thanks everyone for your recommendations! By all means not trying to throw monkey wrench in here, but thought I'd throw something out there. Raging River has been our competition rub for pork and ribs for many years now. Even though I designed it for salmon, it's something special on pork. That's supposed to be secret, but we're only doing 2-3 competitions a year now, so secrets will be flying around. You sure can't go wrong with Dizzy Dust or a mixture thereof. :) 
    Happy cookin'! Chris
    Great suggestion - thanks!!! I made these Raging River ribs for Super Bowl.  They were a huge hit.  Thanks again.

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Those are pretty! Nice cook sir.
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    edited February 2019
    Used Crossroads on a butt for the first time this past weekend, really liked It a lot!

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    We tried Crossroads about a month ago on some chicken, it was absolutely perfect. One of the things I like about Dizzy Pig is how you can actually taste the different spices in the mix.  So many of the commercially available products are nothing but salt and sugar.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    I've used Raging River for years on salmon and occasionally on shrimp.  It's hard for me to imagine it on ribs, but hey, what the heck? I'll give it a go.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    edited February 2019
    I find myself reaching for Shakin' the Tree more often for ordinary (non-BGE) cooking
    (It's great with my morning eggs!)
  • Dizzy Pig is one of our best selling BBQ rub lines we carry.  Talk to your local Egg dealer about carrying these great rubs.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA