Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some bad news today

Options
Some a hole stole my roccbox turning peel and a few other delivered items today. Pretty pissed and bummed...

Thoughts on reaching out to roccbox or file a claim with ups?

really upset and disappointed with people today...

Brandon - Ohio

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    We have overhead cameras and doorbell cameras, but someone needs to make a pop-up camera, for the edge of your front lawn, that can record license plates.  
    I can't stand thieves.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    I have cameras but partly due to the -30 degree temps today I’m sure, the guy was covered head to toe and I couldn’t make anything out. Parked where I couldn’t see plates.  I basically saw it all take place from my cameras while at work helpless to it happening.

Really frustrated right now.

Brandon - Ohio

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,342
    Options
    Ah Dude! That is terrible! You're best bet is to file with UPS. So sorry this happened 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    That just ticks me off.  I’d call UPS first.  Also, make sure you file a police report.  
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Leopoldstoch
    Options

It it appears he was simply following the ups truck because he was at my door a few minutes after it was dropped off.

Brandon - Ohio

• MNEggerandStuff
    Options
    how long before homes are going to be designed with a large mailbox type door for packages to be securely delivered to?   Sort of like the ole mail slot in the front door just much bigger and secure
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    that's his truck?  You got him if it is.
    Options
    I'm curious what liability UPS might have if the recipient did not request signature required delivery.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    If that's his truck, I don't see how throwing the photo out on Facebook (police will sometimes do this) won't result in someone turning him in or recognizing the vehicle.
    Stillwater, MN
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Looks like maybe he was working in the neighborhood? Work truck and ladder, I would bolo you might see him working again at a neighbors. Maybe drive around the hood tomorrow 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Leopoldstoch
    Options
    That is him. 6 minutes earlier ups was at the door dropping the packages off, and then I got notified again to see that. Come home tonight to no packages at the door. Don’t know that truck or a person of that build.

Gonna stop by the police station in the am and bring the video in to them and see what happens.

Brandon - Ohio

• Leopoldstoch
    Options
    If that's his truck, I don't see how throwing the photo out on Facebook (police will sometimes do this) won't result in someone turning him in or recognizing the vehicle.
    I don’t have Facebook unfortunately in this immediate situation.

Brandon - Ohio

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Have the hoa post it on their fb if they have one 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Surely you know *someone* on Facebook or that nextdoor site....

Police is the first step though.
    Options
    The neighbors are on Facebook and with the hoa Facebook so I’m gonna talk to them tomorrow to post it, and file with the police in the morning.

Its only like $100 some bucks give or take, but just really sucks and makes you upset with these shitheads in our society.

Oh well. Could be worse. Egg on. Just had to vent to someone, and say it out loud so to speak as I was pretty damn disappointed and upset.

Brandon - Ohio

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Let us know if you get something positive to update. I doubt this is his first time and it would be great to see you get some justice.
    Stillwater, MN
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Oh, I read it as " stole my Roccbox, turning peel...".

Still sucks.  Catch that ahole
    Options

Oh, I read it as " stole my Roccbox, turning peel...".

Still sucks.  Catch that ahole
    Yeah fortunately it wasn’t my actual roccbox. Just the turning peel that I have been anxiously awaiting to be back in stock on their website. Then it became available and ordered it, only to have this happen.

Brandon - Ohio

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Give that picture to your local PD. If they are worth a sh!t, they will find that truck. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,297
    Options
    Looks like maybe he was working in the neighborhood? Work truck and ladder, I would bolo you might see him working again at a neighbors. Maybe drive around the hood tomorrow 
    That is how some expletive deleted stole 2 aluminum ladders of mine a few years ago. Driving a white panel van like plumbers, painters, and electricians drive. He got out walked around behind my house where I had been painting, picked them up, carried them to the van and put them up on the rack. I know because my neighbor watched him do it and said so while I was talking to the police. My neighbor said that he thought that I loaned them to the guy. I grabbed hold of my temper and said "Bob if I loan something to someone you can be sure that I will be here to help them load it." I had made a quick run to Lowe's for another paint brush.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Thats cold...and i aint talking about the weather 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    I’d be pissed if I was out in -30 lifting packages and all I got was a damn pizza peel.
  • Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Options
    Box theft from a door step is an increasingly known crime.

But I want to know something trivial.    What do those Parasites DO for a living?
    Do they just cruise around looking for unattended boxes?   Can they resell for even enough to keep gas in the car?   

Speaking of the SuperBowl.....

How about a few EXECUTIONS at HalfTime?    A selection of thieving vermin might help the festivities.  
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,297
    Options
    No I like the idea of going back to chain gangs, make them work for a living.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    The sad thing, beside the theft itself, is that he very likely has no use for them and they’d be tough to resell - meaning they have no value to him. Unless he’s a pizza master. Then it’s his lucky day. 

As @nolaegghead points out, you have a good shot of his vehicle. I’d encourage you to follow up with police and even report the incident to UPS, given that you say he’s following their trucks. 
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    Keep us posted on this.  Hope they catch the SOB
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    I'm curious what liability UPS might have if the recipient did not request signature required delivery.
    none
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.