Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings-n-Things

Options
smokingal
smokingal Posts: 1,025
edited January 2019 in EggHead Forum

I don’t post many quick weeknight Egg’d meals as I don’t cook as many as I’d like, so I made
sure to document this one.  Six and a half pounds of chicken wings had their wing tips removed and were separated into drumettes and flats.

The wings were placed in 3 different marinades: Nando’s Lemon and Herb Peri-Peri sauce,
kalbi, and garlic, herb & wine.  Sodium free chicken bouillon was added to each.  They were
left to marinate overnight in the fridge and then placed on racks to air dry in the fridge for 24
hours.

The BGE had been running at 350F for about 35 minutes at this point.

All done.  From left to right: garlic, herb & wine, kalbi and lemon & herb peri peri.

For a quick side, I took some Russet potatoes which were previously smoked with oak wood
and cut them into thick fries.  They were fried at 350F until the outside felt dry and crunchy,
allowed to cool and then frozen.  Once the wings were almost done, the fries were cooked for
a third time for another 2-3 minutes at 375F.

Time to eat.

The lemon & herb peri-peri bottle indicates it’s extra mild, however, I found that it had
the perfect balance of zest and heat.  Truly delicious.  The kalbi was on point as usual and the
garlic & herb flavored wings were pretty packed with flavor as well.  This will not be the last time I take a stab at making smoked french fries.  They had a perfect crunchy, bite-through exterior with a pillowy soft, tender, smoky interior.  Good eats.

It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
Egging in the Atlanta GA region
Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com

Comments