Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGGSTRA LARGE EGGCESSORIES

Options
I bought an XL Egg Yesterday...I've owned 3 larges & have always purchased plate setters. Now I see they have an EGGSPANDER KIT. For those who have tried both now...is it necessary to buy the conveggtor at all? Thanx....Jeff
3rd Large Eggs =)
20 inch Yoder Offset
16 & 20 inch Horizon Offsets

Comments

• neumsky1
    Options
    Sounds like some want to start a fight....that's not my purpose...but can say...as a consumer...if I was to buy anything....I would buy the product APPROVED by the manufacturer. 
    3rd Large Eggs =)
    20 inch Yoder Offset
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Not trying to start anything and no offense to anyone. I just feel strongly about supporting individuals who are are creative, supportive and good to work with.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Someone seems a little anal this morning. 

Another Ceramic Grill Store vote here.

Don't blow a gasket, but I'd recommend putting a Rutland on it as well.... 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Ceramic Grill Store
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Ceramic Grill Store. I opted not to buy a plate setter when I bought my xl. I bought the adjustable rig combo from CGS. 
  • jimdgreat1
    Options
    :o

Ceramic grill store.

XLBGE - LBGE - Charbroil gasgrill

Wichita Kansas

• unoriginalusername
    unoriginalusername Posts: 1,065
    edited January 2019
    Options
    neumsky1 said:
    Sounds like some want to start a fight....that's not my purpose...but can say...as a consumer...if I was to buy anything....I would buy the product APPROVED by the manufacturer. 
    If that’s your criteria regardless of supporting small business intellectual property or a product with higher grade components than its an easy shopping list. Check out https://biggreenegg.com/product-category/eggcessories/

Id not go a traditional PS again. Love the flexibility afforded by half stones and raised grids 

welcome back and enjoy the new egg 
  • Woodchunk
    Woodchunk Posts: 911
    Options
    neumsky1 said:
    ..is it necessary to buy the conveggtor at all? Thanx....Jeff
    Not necessary. 
  • drumdudeguy
    drumdudeguy Posts: 165
    edited January 2019
    Options

Charlotte NC - Large Big Green Egg (2009) w/Nest and Handler
    Accessories: PSWoo, Woo, Adjustable Rig, Smokeware Cap and Temperature Gauge
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Life would be pretty boring and expensive if only followed manufacturer recommendations.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    That's not a manufacturer approved table that the large in your profile picture is setting in.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Another vote for Ceramic Grill Store

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    neumsky1 said:
    Pal, if you don't want answers....don't ask questions. Your life will be more enjoyable. Also CGS. Enjoy your egg.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    You should talk to Tom at ceramic grill store.  they invented this item and many others and will give you much better service and warranty that BGE which only copies other peoples ideas and makes overseas.
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    The stone that came with my R&B rack had a hairline crack after a couple uses. I called Ceramic Grill Store, spoke with the owners and they had another stone in the mail before I was off the phone.
     Search BGE warranty on this forum. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• cookingdude555
    Options
    neumsky1 said:
    I bought an XL Egg Yesterday...I've owned 3 larges & have always purchased plate setters. Now I see they have an EGGSPANDER KIT. For those who have tried both now...is it necessary to buy the conveggtor at all? Thanx....Jeff
    It doesn’t looks like it’s required, but from looking at their video, it appears it can work with it.

I have two XLs, they are both equipped with woos and ARs from ceramic grill store. I really like the flexibility they offer. If BGE had their kit out when I bought them, I may have bought one of each for comparison. I will tell you that my CGS gear is thick high quality stainless steel. The AR for my large is 7-8 years old I think, and it doesn’t show any wear other than grease.

I buy CGS because they make quality products with good service, not because they were the first making these products (I’ve spent over $1000 outfitting my eggs at CGS too). Motorola made the first cell phone, but I don’t make my cell phone purchase based on who was first. 
  • neumsky1
    Options
    Geez....lets start over....didn't want to start WW3....I don't care who invented what....I'm trying to figure out if I go with the EGGSPANDER....or whatever something similar with the diffuser half plates...is it necessary to get the plate setter at all? Thanx for the welcome back! 😆
    3rd Large Eggs =)
    20 inch Yoder Offset
  • neumsky1
    Options
    I do believe I get y'all's feelings tho....and just to confirm...Tom at CGS! Nice to be back! I Love the EGG! 
    3rd Large Eggs =)
    20 inch Yoder Offset
  • neumsky1
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    That's not a manufacturer approved table that the large in your profile picture is setting in.
    Yes...I built that ty very much....my reasoning...any company might take and tweek what someone else created to better suit the overall situation. 
    3rd Large Eggs =)
    20 inch Yoder Offset
  • drumdudeguy
    edited January 2019
    Options
    If you want to take a minimalist approach this setup with the PSWoo works well too. I would not recommend the BGE convector because it only gives you 13" diameter heat deflection. The setup in this video gives you 16". I prefer a round stone so the same amount of heat passes on all sides of the egg. If you use a 14x17 stone remember that if the deflector is below your dome thermometer you may not get an accurate temp reading (too low). I am obviously partial to CGS products but find what works best for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MSy73GwnKg
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    If you want to take a minimalist approach this setup with the PSWoo works well too. I would not recommend the BGE convector because it only gives you 13" diameter heat deflection. The setup in this video gives you 16". I prefer a round stone so the same amount of heat passes on all sides of the egg. If you use a 14x17 stone remember that if the deflector is below your dome thermometer you may not get an accurate temp reading (too low). I am obviously partial to CGS products but find what works best for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MSy73GwnKg
    And your post is not relevent as he is asking about the XL not the Large.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • drumdudeguy
    edited January 2019
    Options
    No but it may help someone. Unlike those that know it all. BTW you may want to learn to how to spell "relevant." And the guy does own LBGE's so it may be relevant to him!
  • HogFather
    HogFather Posts: 260
    Options
    We are people so angry here?
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    HogFather said:
    We are people so angry here?
    I am sure most are nice people.  The internet has an amazing way of making people seem angrier than they really are.  If the conversation were in person, such exchanges wouldn't be as likely.  Nice handle @HogFather, by the way.
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    Guys he was just asking and commenting about a BGE accessory on the BGE sponsored forum...   settle down.  Yes, CGS is the best but some people dont know about it until after they bought their egg and accessories at their dealer.  Why harass the guy for a simple question?
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    No but it may help someone. Unlike those that know it all. BTW you may want to learn to how to spell "relevant." And the guy does own LBGE's so it may be relevant to him!
    Go back and read initial post.  He is asking for his new XL that was purchased yesterday he says.  Simmer down dude.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I've owned 3 larges” ...doesn’t say he owns a Large now. But yes, you might have helped someone. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • neumsky1
    Options
    Thanx Drumdude....yes...it's still relevant 
    3rd Large Eggs =)
    20 inch Yoder Offset