Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breakfast for Dinner

Options
Pretty simple dinner.  Trying out some breakfast sandwiches so I can bring them to work in the morning and heat them up.  I didn’t get a shot of the bacon sandwich, but here is the one with the Canadian bacon.  Both types of bacon were made by myself.

Folks, if you haven’t made bacon or Canadian bacon, you should.  I am definitely a novice still, but making your own brings up the quality a whole bunch.  Once you start making your own, you won’t go back to store bought, and neither will your friends!  Have a great night my egging friends!
XL BGE, Lg BGE, MiniMax BGE, Mini BGE

Appleton, WI 

Comments

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Looks awesome brother - well done!! 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Well played. Homemade bacon is where it’s at
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Only one thing can even add to it: make some belly
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Only one thing can even add to it: make some belly
    Respectfully disagree  =) A nice side of grits. ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Dawgs8033
    Dawgs8033 Posts: 113
    Options
    Man if I spent all that time making that bacon I would not be eating it on a canned biscuit.
    LGBE, SBGE,Blackstone,Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe.
  • Chris8938
    Chris8938 Posts: 156
    Options
    Dawgs8033 said:
    Man if I spent all that time making that bacon I would not be eating it on a canned biscuit.
    I totally agree.  My wife brought a can home that was set to expire, so she got it for $0.75.  I was going to use the English muffins, but had to use up the biscuits...

Biscuits may be next endeavor...
    XL BGE, Lg BGE, MiniMax BGE, Mini BGE

Appleton, WI 
  • Dawgs8033
    Dawgs8033 Posts: 113
    Options
    Chris8938 said:
    Dawgs8033 said:
    I totally agree.  My wife brought a can home that was set to expire, so she got it for $0.75.  I was going to use the English muffins, but had to use up the biscuits...

Biscuits may be next endeavor...

My go to is two cups self rising flour, 1/3 cup Crisco or butter, one cup ice cold butter milk. Mix the flour and Crisco together and break up the Crisco with fingers, add the buttermilk the pat out and cut. Really easy and really good. Bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes depending on how thick you cut them.

LGBE, SBGE,Blackstone,Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    It's fair to say that breakfast is unique as the anytime meal.  
    You can't have the others for breakfast, albeit they are interchangeable between each other.
    I am not entertaining supper or tiffin in this equation, because, like elevensies - they are more of mid-meal snack. 

I hope that helps.

I know it doesn't really, but it's Friday 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay