Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Huge Bone in Rib Eye — Reverse Sear?

HendersonTRKing
HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
edited January 2019 in EggHead Forum
You betcha!  

Between 3-4 inches of bone-in ribeye goodness, bought with a gift certificate to Meat House (a chain butcher, I believe, and not my go-to).

Hit it with s&p fortified with a bit of Holy Cow and cooked it indirect at 250 grid to 125 internal. Too much IT for my taste — I’d have pulled it at 115, but we had a special guest over and SWMBO thought I’d scare him off with my ultra rare-eating ways. Was still good, if a bit over for my carnivorous tastes. 

It took much longer to get to temp than I had thought (and SWMBO had planned ... oops). Put it on mid 2nd quarter thinking we’d eat toward the end of 1/2 time. Ended up searing it in the 4th, just before Alshon Jeffery took the air out of the Eagles balloon and the Nick Foles Magic.  We ate well anyway. 

It's a 302 thing . . .

Comments