Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin and Reverse Sear Ribeye Videos: Cooking with my new Turbo Stream accessories

Options
Have you guys seen the Turbo Stream accessories? I got a full set and I've been loving it. I used the firebox divider last week to cook a pork loin. It allows you to divide the firebox in half to only use one side of the egg for smaller cooks. I also used the heat deflector when doing a reverse sear on steaks. It was much easier to remove than trying to pull out the platesetter (conveggtor) when it was time to go direct. I recorded a video of both cooks. Let me know what you think. 

Firebox Divider for Pork Loin:
https://youtu.be/XpUbiPduOLU

Reverse Sear Ribeyes:
https://youtu.be/V7PhL2j-t-o

Link to Turbo Stream: 
https://turbostream.net/

Comments

• EggerPalmerATL
    Options
    Does anyone else have this system? What have you use the raised basket for? 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    It is a cool looking product. It is a pretty pricey accessory for a tightwad ;). It looks like $250 for all the components shown. It definitely looks like quality stuff...but honestly for me it doesn't solve a $250 problem.  I haven't seen anything cooked using this system that I can't do fairly easily with standard equipment and a little ingenuity. If I am spending $250 I would want to see a system that at least adds cooking capacity (like an Adjustable Rig). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Wanted to add though...the food looks great. I enjoyed the videos, even if I am not "sold" on the product.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• EggerPalmerATL
    Options
    Wanted to add though...the food looks great. I enjoyed the videos, even if I am not "sold" on the product.
    Thanks, Smokey. I wish I had more time to cook and less time to work! 
  • EggerPalmerATL
    Options
    It is a cool looking product. It is a pretty pricey accessory for a tightwad ;). It looks like $250 for all the components shown. It definitely looks like quality stuff...but honestly for me it doesn't solve a $250 problem.  I haven't seen anything cooked using this system that I can't do fairly easily with standard equipment and a little ingenuity. If I am spending $250 I would want to see a system that at least adds cooking capacity (like an Adjustable Rig). 
    The product is even better quality than I expected when I first saw it. I reached out to the owner to ask and its 12 gauge stainless steel. The welds are well done and its all made in the good ole USA (I think its in North Carolina). I was able to clean it with just soap and water after the steak cook. The steel of course turned colors because of the heat and smoke but the drippings from the steak washed right off easily. I can see the price being considered high but I feel the same way about the price of the egg. If the accessory is made well enough to be used for a lifetime, then I can justify it.