Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Canadian Eggheads - Netflix Show Worth Watching - “Frontier”

GrateEggspectations
GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,182
edited January 2019 in Off Topic
All about the settling of Canada and the work of the Hudson Bay Company. Quite well done. Compelling. Worth watching, IMO. 

Comments

• So tired packing in two seasons this week. Waiting for Netflix to air the third 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    If the scenery is as gawjus as Heartland.....that alone is worth watching. Sorry not Canadian.....but will check it out.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • It’s an entertaining series. I’ll be interested to see what they do with Season 4. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Great show. I'm still in season 1 but so far super impressed.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• @unoriginalusername @northGAcock @Killit_and_Grillit @TEXASBGE2018

Just curious, did I turn any of you onto the series, or were you all already watching?

About to finish the second season - that’s all they appear to have on Netflix Canada at present. 

Sad to say this, but I am not used to such well done and high quality Canadian productions. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    @unoriginalusername @northGAcock @Killit_and_Grillit @TEXASBGE2018

Just curious, did I turn any of you onto the series, or were you all already watching?

About to finish the second season - that’s all they appear to have on Netflix Canada at present. 

Sad to say this, but I am not used to such well done and high quality Canadian productions. 
    I was already watching. I love that kinda stuff.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• northGAcock
    I am not watching (yet) the series you mentioned ....we are watching Heartland at  my wife’s desire / discovery.....I don’t get selection privedledges unless my Gamecocks are playing on TV. =)

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I haven't tried it yet, but I probably will soon. Thanks for the recommendation! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • I will have to check out Heartland! Thanks. 
  • Gotta admit, the cover photo has me a little concerned. Something about the soft colours, pastels, flowers, dual-tone sky featuring a few ominous clouds (foreshadowing potential drama), etc. - you know, all touchy-feely like. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Was just expecting something a little more rugged - probably because we were talking about Frontier, so I was expecting a similar genre. 

However, as the saying goes, you shouldn’t judge a show by its cover shot!...

• northGAcock
    Gotta admit, the cover photo has me a little concerned. Something about the soft colours, pastels, flowers, dual-tone sky featuring a few ominous clouds (foreshadowing potential drama), etc. - you know, all touchy-feely like. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Was just expecting something a little more rugged - probably because we were talking about Frontier, so I was expecting a similar genre. 

However, as the saying goes, you shouldn’t judge a show by its cover shot!...

You have it pegged....but like I said, beautiful scenery. Also a good watch if a horse lover. 

• @GrateEggspectations My wife and kids went to the SEC championship the weekend the show aired on Netflix. (I had to work)

I fishished the first season about 4am that Saturday morning. I remember waking up on the couch about noon and thinking “I really hope they make a series out of this”

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    @GreatEggspectations Thanks for the recommendation. Just finished second episode and I agree with your assessment. Also one of the producers is Alan Hawko of another Canadian production program on Netflix - Republic of Doyle. Yes By!
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SamIAm2 said:
    @GreatEggspectations Thanks for the recommendation. Just finished second episode and I agree with your assessment. Also one of the producers is Alan Hawko of another Canadian production program on Netflix - Republic of Doyle. Yes By!
    Nice to see some quality Canadian content! Just wish there were more seasons available.