Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with first Pork loin

I’ve never fixed a pork loin on my BGE but want to. I’m looking for a simple recipe to try, cooking temps, and what temp to pull it. 

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    edited January 2019
    Salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic and maybe a little thyme and cayenne.

I like to do mine indirect at 325* until the IT hits 120*. Them I'll remove the Platesetter, open the egg up to 400* or so and roast it direct, Flipping every couple of minutes until you it hits 140*. 

Remove from egg and let it rest for 10 minutes. You can truss it beforehand or not. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Give the search function a look if you want to find something different than the above.  Otherwise, nail the finish temp and you are golden.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,667
    take the oldest rub in your rack and hit it heavy.  about 375/400 and i go direct on a raised grid for char. when the char looks good i slip some foil under it, off the egg at about 135/137 and rested 10 minutes or so. any rub works but with loin i like to use up those half bottles that have been sitting there too long
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Not sure why but I always do my loins the same way.  Use some rub - I generally like a bit sweeter rub with pork.  Cook indirect at around 250 with some cherry or peach wood.  At an internal temp of around 130, I brush lightly with some sweeter sauce and then continue to cook until an internal temp of around 140.  Pull it off, let it rest for 15 minutes and then eat.  My daughter loves this so that is why I probably always cook them this way.  Some of the guys here have some killer looking loin recipes though that I really need to try.  Loin really is a simple cook.  
    XL BGE
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Pick your favorite bbq rub. A lot of times I just use lawyrs 

use fruit wood or a hickory fruitwood blend

cook at 300 till 150 pull rest slice serve with bbq sauce on the side

cut off the tail (thinner dark meat portion) before cooking and save it for a crockpot with potatoes, carrots and onions. 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf