Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weather and Cooks

Options
Is it insanity to use the egg in freezing drizzle versus using a oven asking for a friend😁

Comments

• etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    Options
    Nope. cook on. I have cooked on my egg in almost every weather condition.  Not saying it hasn't stopped me before. For me it just depends on mood and how important the cook is.  
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    It makes no difference to the egg. Although if the weather lets up, the egg could warm up slightly. I have found rain more than anything will change temp. Otherwise it just depends if you want to brave the elements.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Tell your friend to get his butt out there and light that egg!!  Happy New Year!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Sorry I cannot help you, its 60 degrees out now....

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • ThrasherIII
    Options
    Well my friend went ahead with the cook i told if it doesn’t smell like rain then go ahead. One small issue his 7# bone in pork butt was done about 2 hours early. He told me he put some lo sodium chicken broth in a foil pan with the butt in it and covered it with foil. Then off to the warming drawer on low.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Most of my cooks lately have been in freezing conditions with snow or rain. Just allowed a longer cook time, and the food was excellent so no one complained!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Is it insanity to use the egg in freezing drizzle 
    It’s much better than trying to cook in a hole in the ground. Trust me on this one. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ThrasherIII
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and learned a few things. Turbo for a pork butt that is going to be sliced and not pulled will come to 160 at the rate of 25 minutes per pound.