Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Multiple Rib Racks without AR

Options
HofstraJet
HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
edited December 2018 in EggHead Forum
Having a party and need to cook multiple racks of ribs. Have two large eggs and have a CGS AR setup for one which can handle several racks. Any suggestions on how to handle multiple racks on the other egg without any specialized grids? Thanks!
Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
Twitter: @ Bags
Blog: TheJetsFan.com

Comments

• GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    You might could use skewers to make several racks stand up edgeways leaving a space between each rack.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You've been here a long time. Surely you've seen this. No AR, just rib racks on a normal position grid. A Chef Wil cook. As far as I know, a real cook. Pretty sure that's a large. There's a thread on here that discusses the cook, but I can't find it at the moment.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    If you didn’t have enough to keep them all wedged a couple of foil wrapped bricks/pavers on each side as “bookends” should help
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    edited December 2018
    Options
    You've been here a long time. Surely you've seen this. No AR, just rib racks on a normal position grid. A Chef Wil cook. As far as I know, a real cook. Pretty sure that's a large. There's a thread on here that discusses the cook, but I can't find it at the moment.
    Thanks! Here's the link: https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/62119/20-racks-of-ribs 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    how many do you need to cook, those cheap homedepot rib racks can get 6 to 8 on them

Image result for ribs 2 levels fishlessman

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    An inexpensive rib rack will fit about 6 racks on edge.  even cheaper, you can use skewers to support them.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    I made one out of a Weber rack and some stainless carriage bolts. Pretty cheap. Worked well. Thats on an XL

XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m