Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - A Giving Opportunity for a Great Veterans' Organization - The Navy SEAL Foundation

As many of you know, I love to give our Navy friend's grief pretty much the whole year.

As a sign of solidarity with my Navy brothers, I decided this year, to take part in a local Tampa Bay Event and Fundraiser for the Navy SEAL Foundation.

The Tampa Bay Frogman Swim is a 5k (3.1m) swim across Tampa and will take place on January 13, 2019.  The Navy SEAL Foundation is a four star rated charity with a 100/100 score on Charity Navigator.  They help families of fallen SEALs after their loved ones pass away.
I can't think of a better organization to help out.

In fact, I just raised my fundraising goal to $1,710.  Keep in mind the score to last weeks game was Army 17 - Navy 10.  I'd actually really like to blow this new number out of the water.

I know eggheads like to give back, and I wanted to set up a special "raffle" for anyone on here that is willing to help.  This will be exclusive to the egghead community.

Please see the website below:

If you decide to donate, please add your egghead handle, or send me a PM to me thru this site.  I will have one of my kids pull a name out of a hat and the winner will receive a 750mL bottle of Woodford Reserve.  I may even throw in a few extras as well.  If we get 10+ participants, then I'll add a second prize of a bag of Rockwood Charcoal that I'll send to a second winner from their website.

We'll run this until Dec 26th, and I will notify winner(s) on this thread, unless the Buffalo takes it out.

If you don't care to participate, please think of giving to a Veterans' organization of your choosing. Please keep those deployed, the families of those that didn't make it home, and those that did return, but may be struggling with issues seen and unseen, especially at this time of year, in your thoughts and prayers.

On January 13th, I can also use some thoughts and prayers that I stay afloat.

Thank you for you consideration of giving to this great organization.

=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited December 2018
    Done, dude. 

Also, that’s effin awesome.  Good luck!
  • Bump for the cheap basfèrds
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Just after I broke my allowance on the friggin game pay-off.  I'm all in and I can't thank you enough.  What a gesture.  All that said, I am investing in your cause on the likelyhood that Navy prevails in 2019.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Time for another bump-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Going thru the army-navy thread.  Calling out @6baluts @NPHuskerFL @CTMike and @kweitz @JRWhitee for their service.  Also for good measure because he stirred the pot @bgebrent
  • I heard they call them frogmen cause of the way they walked once they got back on dry land... :rofl:

Ill get mine in Monday after I mail your dang package. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Donation made Jason. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    edited December 2018
    Done, dude. 

Also, that’s effin awesome.  Good luck!
    Thank you so much, @theyolksonyou.  It is great to gather support from the great "wing" God of the forum!  

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    lousubcap said:
    Just after I broke my allowance on the friggin game pay-off.  I'm all in and I can't thank you enough.  What a gesture.  All that said, I am investing in your cause on the likelyhood that Navy prevails in 2019.  
    @lousubcap you go above and beyond once again.

Thank you for your support.

I assure you, it is for an organization that puts the overwhelming majority of it's funding to working it's purpose. 

Sucks that we need an organization like this, but I'm proud to put my name alongside it, and am really thankful that you did as well.

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    bgebrent said:
    Donation made Jason. 
    Thank you, Brent!  They'll do you proud.  I'll leave instructions with my wife that if I don't make it out of the water that day, that she sends all my bourbon to Salisbury, NC NLT April 12, 2019. 

Thank you again for your support of this noble organization!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    thetrim said:
    bgebrent said:
    Donation made Jason. 
    Thank you, Brent!  They'll do you proud.  I'll leave instructions with my wife that if I don't make it out of the water that day, that she sends all my bourbon to Salisbury, NC NLT April 12, 2019. 

Thank you again for your support of this noble organization!
    @thetrim

I will donate next week. From the looks of you at BB, you will have no problem staying afloat.  B)
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    @CTMike they may create a slow wake zone when they see the manatee coming thru
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
     And please consider a donation to help Eddie Gallagher:  https://justiceforeddie.com/
  • Bump. And donation is in! 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• All right baits and girls, we’re just under $200 to meet the man’s goal.  
  • thetrim
    edited December 2018
    Thank you @Killit_and_Grillit and thank you @JRWhitee.

I really appreciate it, and you are a great PR man, @theyolksonyou
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    @theyolksonyou setting the bar.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Bump for a good cause

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • lousubcap
    Bump to the top.  Numbers haven't moved in 48 hours.  @theyolksonyou will kick a$$ so don't let that happen.
    For a great cause and I know the time of year stretches most of us, especially when Navy fails to show-up  Dec 8th.  But please give this strong consideration-
  • @lousubcap I don’t think these guys appreciate the cost of Freedom!

Y’all we are less than $200 shy of the goal. 

South of Nashville, TN

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Done and Done!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• thetrim
    Thank you very much, Bucky925.  I really appreciate your support.

Your money is going to a great organization that is helping out a great community of Veterans and the families of those lost in fighting for our freedoms.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    I really appreciate everyone's support and efforts in spreading the word.

We're only a couple people away from me pulling a second name for a bag of Rockwood.

Thank you.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    And... done.
    NOLA
  • Hey @thetrim....check your numbers this morning brother. 

South of Nashville, TN

• Goal met, by gawd!
  • lousubcap
    Now to get well clear of the goal-there's still time. 
  • thetrim
    Thank you ALL.  Our Forum raffle is taking entrants for eight more days!

Let’s blow it out.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    edited December 2018
    It’s been a few days, so I thought I’d give this a bump for those not giving to the wall fund, the ladder fund, and the climate fund.   

Thank you for all of you that have given already. 

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Donation made. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.