Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smell of SRF in the morning...

Options
GoooDawgs
GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
edited December 2018 in EggHead Forum
Started at 17.7 pounds and trimmed off just shy of 3 pounds of fat.  Seasoned with coffee rub and a little extra coarse black pepper on top.    Rockwood lump with pecan and cherry (placed on the charcoal grate and a few mixed in)

Didn't want to get up in the middle of the night, so I threw it on at midnight at 225 grate.  It hit 140 in under 4 hours, but now 9 hours in we're sitting at 158, stuck in the stall. 

7 pm slice time so no rush.  

Milton, GA 
XL BGE & FB300

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    This is gonna be great.  Sweet hunk of protein right there.  Enjoy the remainder of the cook and follow-on eats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I think I would chew on a hunk of that raw!
    Damn that's a great looking brisket.
    Gunna suck to unwrap my choice grocery store brisket tomorrow.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • deadlyfrog
    Options
    Hey how about an update photo!
  • Spillin
    Options
    That looks beautiful!!!  Looking forward to the finish!
    LG BGE
    36" Blackstone
    Weber Genisis
    Cold IPA on tap!
  • lousubcap
    Options
    A thing of beauty right there.  Great bark.  You've got this.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,098
    Options
    Dauuuum right!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• GoooDawgs
    Options
    @lousubcap the point is massive on this thing.  I never separate point from flat when slicing, but I may have to for this one.   Still waiting for the cow to give up.... 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Nice. What's with the surgical gloves?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Yes and Yes and Yes some more.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @GoooDawgs - I always separate at the approximate line of demarcation as the grain on the point runs in a different direction.  Also , you then can offer lean or fatty/moist options to the guests.  Enjoy!
    Here's a great video that makes it simple (slicing part starts around 6:45):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMIlyzRFUjU  
  • GoooDawgs
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Nice. What's with the surgical gloves?
    They protect another pair of gloves that are underneath so I can hold it while it's hot. My dog ate my pair of rubber gloves!  Can't blame him though... 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Options
    This post is making me very happy - and hungry!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Very nice @GoooDawgs a thing of beauty.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    The sprouts sound great.  Nice cook. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• lousubcap
    Options
    Never a doubt.  Hit the home-run.  Congrats on the entire cook and banquet.