Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chickfila

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Teefus said:
    Chic-Fil-A is awesome. I think they blew it when they discontinued their slaw though.
    If you would have bought more, it wouldn’t be discontinued.  ;)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    Cornholio said:
    And what the heck is up with Carl’s Jr.?  A regular Western Bacon Cheeseburger is now close to $6 and they had that whole $6 burger mocking campaign for awhile.   
    Hey son, I'm old enough to remember how "Motel 6" originally got their name; $5.99/night! And gas for $0.24/gallon (saw it during a price war for $0.19, once!!)   ;)
    That’s interesting about Motel 6.  I’d always assumed that was the under on the number of bed bugs you could expect to walk out of your room with.  Or how many people they’d let stay in a room at once.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    is this the slaw recipe,  thats not a hard one to make if you like that style

Yes....and you are correct. It is really quite simple to make. They had the perfect fine chop size of cabbage. Its hard to match. I occasionally make a batch and hold in the fridge and mix in smaller quantities. Let me also say that it was a staple with pulled pork around here. Love me some good slaw.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    is this the slaw recipe,  thats not a hard one to make if you like that style

Yes....and you are correct. It is really quite simple to make. They had the perfect fine chop size of cabbage. Its hard to match. I occasionally make a batch and hold in the fridge and mix in smaller quantities. Let me also say that it was a staple with pulled pork around here. Love me some good slaw.
    almost looks grated, maybe food processor with the  grate plate
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I make the topsecretrecipes.com recipe for KFC slaw. It also calls for finely chopped cabbage, carrots and onion. I use the grater/shredder on my food processor (the attachment with the round disk at the top). The chick fil a pic looks pretty much the same. Will have to try the CFA slaw. Never had the real deal. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm going to have to get a part time job there to bolster my resume....
    you need to do something
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RockyTopDW
    Options
    I live in Knoxville & Pal's is definitely good. CFA is always slammed here.  it's not worth the wait, so I go to Backyard Burger when I need a fast food fix.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    you need to do something
    They hired me.  Starting next Monday. Obv they don't do background checks.
    @nolaegghead you should consider full time for maximum effect. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I told them I wanted to work every shift 
    Options
    Over achiever.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    “work”
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • st¡ke
    st¡ke Posts: 276
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    st¡ke said:
    At the chick-fil-a next town over I've noticed a truism. People who use the drive thru are almost aways even fatter than the people who park and go inside. 

Same for all fat-food places (not a typo). I have seen a line of a dozen cars around a McDonald's, while the parking lot is empty. 

That's just giving up, really. 

The closest fast food place to my work is McDonald's. They just finished remodeling it. Guess how they want you to order it when inside? With an I-Pad. You have to wait in line to use an I-Pad. Yes, place your own order. You know how many other people just touched that I-Pad right before you get your food? I don't want to go inside and wait to order my food from an I-Pad. I'm not expecting much from their food from the start but at least give me an employee to take my order when coming inside. I would have gone through the drive through otherwise. I'll wait in the drive through over a fake I-Pad employee inside any day. (I haven't gone back since)
    I'm in sales and some of my customers are QSR's (quick service restaurants) one of the biggest reasons (and something they won't tell you) is that "technology ordering" via kiosk or iPad is that the guest will order more. I know this sounds weird but people feel bad about ordering extra large when doing so in person, with technology ordering, no remorse needed when ordering a big mac and supersizing all the sides. 

The return on investment can be as high as 20% per QSR location, that being larger order (size of product) and numbers of items sold per order.  
    Do folks in the drive-through also tend to order more than those who come inside?  I mean without the ipads of course.  I’m just wondering if they stay in their cars out of personal shame.
    They stay in their car because they are 300 pounds
  • nolaegghead
    edited December 2018
    Options
    “work”
    I restaurant parlance, it is called "Cadillacin like a mother fukah"
    Apparently a lot of people love their food, highest dollar volume for a chicken restaurant chain, yet only a 1/3 of the locations of the Colonel. I applaud them for their values, not open on Sundays and  they don't cave to the gay agenda so be it. The Cathy family supports a great number of charities as well, no cash register at their corporate cafeteria, gratis to employees. 
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Best I can tell, “the gays” can still eat there. Just not on Sunday.  
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Even the 300lbers
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Apparently a lot of people love their food, highest dollar volume for a chicken restaurant chain, yet only a 1/3 of the locations of the Colonel. I applaud them for their values, not open on Sundays and  they don't cave to the gay agenda so be it. The Cathy family supports a great number of charities as well, no cash register at their corporate cafeteria, gratis to employees. 

LOL @ the "gay agenda".
    NOLA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Did you get a time machine from Matthew Whitaker and travel back to 1953?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    buzd504 said:

LOL @ the "gay agenda".
    The gays are trying to make Unicorns state mascots and "the rainbow" state flag colors.  It's insidious, I say!
    Options
    buzd504 said:

LOL @ the "gay agenda".
    The gays are trying to make Unicorns state mascots and "the rainbow" state flag colors.  It's insidious, I say!
    Just the other day two of them knocked on my door and wanted to convert me. Oh, wait, those weren't gay dudes, they were Mormons.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I think it’s just a phase.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    i did not know mormons did house calls

she lies =)

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    @FanOfFanboys, what goes into training there?  I work in customer service and have almost contemplated sending my employees to go work there to steal, uh I mean learn their training methods .  Do they fire underperformers?  Do u only see good employees because the bad ones don't last?  How does management motivate you?  
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Question, if I sit on a toilet after a gay person does that turn me gay? I get so confused by these things sometimes. Never mind, I’ll ask my brother, he’s gay.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• FanOfFanboys
    Options
    odie91 said:
    @FanOfFanboys, what goes into training there?  I work in customer service and have almost contemplated sending my employees to go work there to steal, uh I mean learn their training methods .  Do they fire underperformers?  Do u only see good employees because the bad ones don't last?  How does management motivate you?  
    Since I am mid-30s now, and I worked there when I was 15 and 16, my answer will be incomplete

But I think it is a multitude of things

I think the biggest part is everyone has good customer service so new hires inevitably have good customer service. I know that is a nonsensical answer but I believe if you walk to an environment with a strong reputation, you become that. For better or worse. So since CFA has a rep for good customer service only the people who think they'll fit in apply and they work to fit in

To add to the above: the person applying there wants to fit in and do their best, right? well, that is the person who is probably doing better in HS, working towards college, comes from a better household, etc. The person applying to BK, generally speaking, does not fit the same criteria

I realize the more I type the less sense I am making. 

Why do Apple and Google get the best programmers? Why not the local company in Greenville, SC? Because they are Apple and Google. That really is the answer. 

If you sent your employees there to work all they'd experience is a positive environment where everyone has good customer service. And as a result, so did they. But if they come back to an office where only some people have good customer service then they'll revert back to the mean. 

Boom