Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Guy just ran past my office window - cop running right on his heels - pistol drawn.   SMH.
    Is your office in a nice part of town?
    It's on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive - not sure how familiar you are with the US but any street with that name is a bad neighborhood!!  

Guy just ran past my office window - cop running right on his heels - pistol drawn.   SMH.
    Standing by....
    I went out front and they had run around the building next door out of sight.  The police cruiser was sideways across the road out front - door open and motor running.  I closed the door and waited for another officer to show up.  Said auto theft suspect - "he got away but we know who he is".
    Always an adventure on M.L.K.
    So cheap rent then!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    It's on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive - not sure how familiar you are with the US but any street with that name is a bad neighborhood!!  

Standing by....
    I went out front and they had run around the building next door out of sight.  The police cruiser was sideways across the road out front - door open and motor running.  I closed the door and waited for another officer to show up.  Said auto theft suspect - "he got away but we know who he is".
    So cheap rent then!
    Fortunately/Unfortunately I own the property and it's 3 acres inside the Atlanta city limit.  Terribly bad neighborhood but city has now deemed this the "Urban Renewal Zone" - whatever that's worth.  Only thing that's changed so far (in 2 years) is last summer they spent a ridiculous amount of money installing islands with shrubs in the center turn lanes.  Took 8 weeks for the shrubs to die and now they just catch/hold trash and broken car parts when unattentive/drunk/high drivers hit them.  It also gives the pedestrians a semi-safe place to stand while jay walking. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    Eoin said:

Standing by....
    Thank you for helping my brother in blue, he would have had a bad day if someone would have taken that car.
    Las Vegas, NV

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Giddy!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,223
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:

Standing by....
    So cheap rent then!
    Fortunately/Unfortunately I own the property and it's 3 acres inside the Atlanta city limit.  Terribly bad neighborhood but city has now deemed this the "Urban Renewal Zone" - whatever that's worth.  Only thing that's changed so far (in 2 years) is last summer they spent a ridiculous amount of money installing islands with shrubs in the center turn lanes.  Took 8 weeks for the shrubs to die and now they just catch/hold trash and broken car parts when unattentive/drunk/high drivers hit them.  It also gives the pedestrians a semi-safe place to stand while jay walking. 
    In Atlanta , whenever you see nice cast iron street lights and cobblestone crosswalks, you’re in a seedy part of town. #olympicscoverup
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Giddy!

The Simpsonville venue is relatively close / convient to Asheville as a beer stop ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options

Lordy Lordy, keep a plate hot, I'll be right down
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Canned carrots for the win!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,356
    Options
    Date night with SWMBO 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    brown chicken brown cow
    Options
    brown chicken brown cow
    Damn you. You beat me to it! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Cooking sausage, peppers and onions for a early dinner tomorrow.

Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,361
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Date night with SWMBO 
    That advert has a 1960's vinyl album cover vibe to it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,512
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    ColtsFan said:
    It's 14 degrees outside
    At least he was prepared: ski goggles and a face mask.  
    I drove my old Saab convertibles in cold weather all the time, grew up in SD and I love the cold (although, kudos, 14º is pushing it!)  
    My new car won't let me put the top down below 32º !!!?!?!?!  

Hello Darkness, my old Friend,

I stood up too fast again...

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    How it looked before I ate it...
    Options
    Botch said:
    Sea2Ski said:
    ColtsFan said:
    It's 14 degrees outside
    At least he was prepared: ski goggles and a face mask.  
    I drove my old Saab convertibles in cold weather all the time, grew up in SD and I love the cold (although, kudos, 14º is pushing it!)  
    My new car won't let me put the top down below 32º !!!?!?!?!  
    I believe BMW studied Florida and decided to install some anti-Darwin-Award logic in their vehicles. 
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I mean to brag.. you're the only group that will appreciate it!  

Good customer dinner..  I'll post the best wine and food.  Waygu6 Oz and I need help to finish it...

I will say that you just took it to a completely different level. As far as helping finish--I will be happy to invite myself over
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,360
    Options
    Went outside this morning and there was a big ball of light in the sky. Been a while sense we saw that. Dogs were happy.....damn it was bright. 
    Must've been some good chit there, buddy!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,360
    Options
    I just heard Kathie Lee Gifford was leaving the Today Show.  I then remembered that Army beat Navy, so it's all good, yo!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I just heard Kathie Lee Gifford was leaving the Today Show.  I then remembered that Army beat Navy, so it's all good, yo!
    What's your post count so far for mentioning the army-navy game?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:

Primary or secondary?  Does he get to count your question?
  • Eoin
    Options
    Legume said:
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:

Primary or secondary?  Does he get to count your question?
    Who knows. I asked because I can't be bothered to count. I can't be bothered to count because I know it's a big number. I'm sure @thetrim knows the answer exactly though.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Watching the FC Cincinnati expansion draft!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio