Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many top your burgers with fried eggs?

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Yes sir...love it!!

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    I learned that while visiting Australia, fried egg was always an option for burgers, and I loved it.
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Tomahawk in North Vancouver been serving this one for the 30 years we’ve been here, no idea when they started serving it. 
    • SKOOKUM CHIEF BURGER
    • Onions, lettuce, organic ground beef patty, Yukon-style bacon, a free run egg, aged cheddar cheese, wiener, tomato, and Tomahawk special sauce.
    http://www.tomahawkrestaurant.com/menu.html

Have tried it home but it is not the same. I do like a sunny side up egg on a schnitzel, with a couple of anchovies....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Fried egg is where it's at. This one's on grilled cheese sandwiches with a spicey Chipotle mayo and a green chili. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Hunter1881
    Hunter1881 Posts: 406
    Options
    I'm with RRP on this one. Could never put the two together. After this post and that awesome money pic by cazzy it's on the list of things to try.
    Henderson TN. 1 large BGE, 1 Webber Gasser (recently seems to have converted into a warming oven)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    First eggsposure to the burger and fried egg was in college several decades ago.  Haven't let off the gas since.  Google "Bo Burger" and you will see where this concept has been around for quite some time.  One of the finer combinations in leisure food life.  YMMV-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    if you find duck or quail eggs, the yolk is just that much better, sunny side up
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mthead7
    Mthead7 Posts: 20
    Options
    I think a lot of places use the egg to add moisture to otherwise over cooked burgers. That being said the best "burger" I ever had...  Slater's 'Merica burger. 100% ground bacon. I recommend sharing it with friends.  You'll all be happy and so will your arteries. It's only offered on a limited basis. 
    Medium BGE. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I had a roommate in college that always topped his burgers with a fried egg and then smothered with baked beans, it was a glorious mess every time.  I haven't put an egg on a burger in a long time, but I'm inspired now.  I want to try this on a chicken or turkey burger, should add some extra richness that's missing.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

Definitely!!!!  With tomato, cheese, and avocado.

I leave the bacon, grilled onions, mushrooms, and lettuce off of these.

• AintEZbeingme
    Options
    On  board w/ egg over easy on a burger plus jack cheese slice and a couple strips of bacon. (steak and shake - not bad if cant do at home). 
    Another fav topping on burger is homemade pimento cheese( Varsity in the ATL is good for me when i can get there).
    Not a wordsmith, but been trying to create a twist to Buffet's  Cheeseburger in Paradise
    STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
    GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
     & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    I stumbled upon this concept about 15 years ago. The last morning of a camping trip we decided to clean out the cooler. We had a couple hamburgers, eggs, bacon and a few other odds and ends. So we grilled up the burgers, bacon, topped them with an egg on toast and have been loving the egg burger ever since.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    I love it, don't do it at home very often, but it is good! 

XLBGE 
  • jak7028
    jak7028 Posts: 231
    Options
    Another good way is too take 1/2 venison (or Beef) and mix it with 1/2 breakfast sausage.  Make your patty out of that and top it with cheddar cheese, runny fried egg, and a couple of slices of bacon.  Goes well on a bun or couple of pieces of toast.

I also love just adding a fried runny egg to a regular burger.  A hard fried egg doesnt really even have enough flavor to change the burger.
    Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Trying one tonight!

Options
    Love it when the yolk blasts out the side!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Love it when the yolk blasts out the side!
    That's what she said?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Putting a well fried egg on top of a burger... Nothing short of awesome!!! 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    edited April 2015
    Options
    SmokeyPitt said:  "That's what she said?"
    Perhaps we should consult ;)@theyolksonyou
     ;) 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    I do - love it!!!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the fried egg on a burger. Gets messy though.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    I am honestly surprised by all the replies so far! I honestly had no idea this was so popular! Thanks everybody! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Dawnya00
    Dawnya00 Posts: 50
    Options
    My favorite burger is topped with an OE egg, blt, and curry aïoli. Messy as hell but near perfection. 
  • RalphieBoy
    Options
    I like the egg plus a few pieces of bacon.
    Large, Small, Mini Max & Mini.
    Wishlist XXL, XL & Medium 
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited December 2018
    Options
    RRP said:
    Wolfpack said:

Red Robin also has a pretty good one
    We have a RR within a 30 minute drive - I guess at $10.79 the are pretty proud of their burgers! We also have a 5 fat guys and a smash burger  nearby both of which I have tried once and will NEVER return to! 
    http://www.redrobin.com/menu/item/53fd6497-c4b5-42f8-9bf6-4a16441e8719/

For fast food, both 5 Guys and Smash Burger are pretty good IMO. What did you not care for? 

As for the egg on a burger thing, that seemed like a big deal when Red Robin opened here about a decade ago. Now it's pretty ubiquitous. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I'm not a fan of much more than some type of cheese, some type of onion and some type of mustard. 

My favorite is a 6oz. medium rare burger with a bit of char topped with bleu gouda, caramelized onions, Maille dijon on a toasted and buttered soft bun. Less is more.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Now add a McRib Patty to a burger topped w an egg, and you'd really have something.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    +1 to the fried egg on the burger. But make sure you don’t overdo the egg, you want the yolk to work as a condiment. 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I like it but for the life of me, have never done it at home. Only at finer food establishments.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I like it but for the life of me, have never done it at home. Only at finer food establishments.
    I have always thought of your home as one of the finer food establishments!

Johns Creek, Georgia