Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chickfila

one opened near me =) so what to get
open menu and see this, makes perfect sense for the southerners that eat a bone in porkchop sandwich =)

Sandwich the Chicken Sandwich

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    What kind of psychopath eats Chick-fil-A with a knife and fork?!?!?!
    i just assumed thats how its done in the south =)
    fukahwee maine

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Image result for eat fries with a fork
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • fishlessman
    TN_Egger said:
    must have picked that up in mar-a-lago ;)
    fukahwee maine

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    TN_Egger said:
    Good try but Chick-fil-A doesn't come in buckets. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I think the first thing to do is lower your expectations a little. I think Chick is really good for fast food, but it is often over-hyped so peoples expectations are too high. I also think it is just not as good in the north because you yankees aren't as adept at frying.

I would just start with a regular Chick-fil-a sandwich and fries (the #1 meal). Ask for 1 of each dipping sauce. The "Chick-fil-a" sauce is good to dip fries in. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    TN_Egger said:
    Good try but Chick-fil-A doesn't come in buckets. 
    Right.  But it comes out in buckets.
    I think the first thing to do is lower your expectations a little. I think Chick is really good for fast food, but it is often over-hyped so peoples expectations are too high. I also think it is just not as good in the north because you yankees aren't as adept at frying.

I would just start with a regular Chick-fil-a sandwich and fries (the #1 meal). Ask for 1 of each dipping sauce. The "Chick-fil-a" sauce is good to dip fries in. 
    popeyes here is absolutely the worst, we dont fry chicken, we fry seafood.  anyways, if theres a line im heading to the apple orchard for a pie instead ;)
    fukahwee maine

• GATraveller

popeyes here is absolutely the worst, we dont fry chicken, we fry seafood.  anyways, if theres a line im heading to the apple orchard for a pie instead ;)
    Quality won't be any different up there than down here.  They are OCD with quality control at all their stores.  #1 with the lemonade to drink.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    my pleasure
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Chick fil a jumped the shark when they dropped carrot salad and slaw. At the same time the fil a got a bit smaller and IMO a little tough.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053

There’s always a line. The one by my house has a 2 line drive through and the line moves fast but I see cars wrapped around the building regularly. 
  • I think the first thing to do is lower your expectations a little. I think Chick is really good for fast food, but it is often over-hyped so peoples expectations are too high. I also think it is just not as good in the north because you yankees aren't as adept at frying.

I say the same for those that have never had In-N-Out. It is a really good and cheap fast food meal. There are definitely better burgers, but for the price and freshness it is hard to beat. 
    In-N-Out has a cult following, but it’s not for me. 
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Stirring the pot...fried egg yolk > animal style :D
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • fishlessman
    went with the spicy,  sandwich was good, tender, juicy, didnt care much for the fries, lemonade was good.  line outside was a double line converging into one, 50 to 60 cars =) indoors i was third in line.  hot sauce was petes, they need to change that to franks and add a bluecheese dressing for the north

fukahwee maine

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited December 2018
    Oh ****....Fish is mocking the south (and a southern institution) right before Christmas. Definettely on the naughty list. Definitely.  =);)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  •  I like the chicken egg and cheese biscuit for breakfast
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Oh ****....Fish is mocking the south (and a southern institution) right before Christmas. Definettely on the naughty list. Definitely.  =);)
    its always open season to mock the french, the canadians, and the south =)

paris looks fun, they are so much better than us B)

fukahwee maine

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Paris get your sh!t together. I’m there 3 weeks from today. Oui?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    dmchicago said:
    It has settled down, you should be good. Macron put the gas tax hike on hold for 6 months.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    Macron has a whopping 23% approval rating.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    went with the spicy,  sandwich was good, tender, juicy, didnt care much for the fries, lemonade was good.  line outside was a double line converging into one, 50 to 60 cars =) indoors i was third in line.  hot sauce was petes, they need to change that to franks and add a bluecheese dressing for the north

I should have mentioned- if you like crispy fries order them extra crispy. They can be pretty good, but are often a little on the soft/soggy side. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessman
    DMW said:
    dmchicago said:
    It has settled down, you should be good. Macron put the gas tax hike on hold for 6 months.
    looks like the beginning to me,  unless its ok to do that to kids here as well =):o
    fukahwee maine

• RiverBBQ
    RiverBBQ Posts: 191
    Is something wrong with a pork chop sammich? Ain’t the same boneless...
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else
  • RiverBBQ said:
    Is something wrong with a pork chop sammich? Ain’t the same boneless...
    That’s called a tenderloin biscuit 
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    I think the chicken has a sweet cinammon aftertaste that is terrible... 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited December 2018
    We eat it all the time because its among the better fast food places and my kids actually will eat it. What I've noticed in the last 5 or so years though is that they are growing really fast now and their quality is starting to suffer. It used to be crispy and always hot. Now on occasion I will get nuggets or a sandwich that is soggy or luke warm. We will continue to eat there but its definitely not as good as it was 5 or 10 years ago. And yes don't get me started on the lines.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
     anyways, if theres a line im heading to the apple orchard for a pie instead ;)
    Anyone not willing to wait in line for food consistently eats crappy food. There’s a reason why a place isn’t busy... 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    chikfila is terrible.
    NOLA