Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your best Egghead Xmas tree / Ornament or Holiday decoration....

northGAcock
northGAcock Posts: 15,164
edited November 2018 in EggHead Forum
I put up a small Xmas tree each year in my home office. It consist of Gamecock, Grateful Dead, Beatles, instruments etc. I added the egg lights last year or the one before. No Egg ornament, but the best one I see posted, I got a Mustard Sauce sampler pack for ya! Post it here.....like it all you want but I along with my better half will make the selection on Christmas Eve. Will reach out for an address and hopefully have it to you by New Years!

Happy Hollidays to you all. 
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• I had a glass mustard bottle ornament but I broke it last week playing soccer in the house with my son. 

When I was in Iraq Christmas 2006, we decorated a tree with empty cig packs and dip cans. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    No ornaments here but if @northGAcock 's award is Maurice Gold then the winner is in for the real deal.  Great mustard sauce.  He may have one even better in the queue but I am not worthy.
    No doubt gonna be some eggcellent options. 
    Nice move!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • I had a glass mustard bottle ornament but I broke it last week playing soccer in the house with my son. 

When I was in Iraq Christmas 2006, we decorated a tree with empty cig packs and dip cans. 
    Haha. @milesvdustin my tree was decorated with 5.56 rounds, rubbers, beef jerky, and anything else my soldiers could find. 

I was was very concerned with the amount of condoms they brought to war. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Does my @bgebrent bobble head count? 
    That was a very limited edition release.  Hope yours is still bobbling  =)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    My daughter came home from Hobby Lobby with this for me today. She said “daddy look! Cause we love bacon!”

Kid clearly is locking in her spot in the Will. 

Off to HL tomorrow for one of those! We have a glass pickle ornament that I think is a traditional good luck ornament in England.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • northGAcock
    Only if dressed in a ugly Christmas Sweater. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    It’s a thunderbuddy suit.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    bgebrent said:
    It’s a thunderbuddy suit.
    Not qualified....sorry. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Likely the nuts to butts sized suit...  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    My vote goes to Ron. If for nothing else but dedication. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • @RRP we have the glass pickle. But it’s up this year. No glass with the 1 yr old. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    The pickle ornament is German.  If that’s not true and it’s English, then we have serious family history and traditional that will come crashing down in seconds.  

I don’t even want to google it.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    thetrim said:
    The pickle ornament is German.  If that’s not true and it’s English, then we have serious family history and traditional that will come crashing down in seconds.  

I don’t even want to google it.  
    No need. It is indeed German. It’s hidden on the tree and the kid who finds it gets an extra present. 
  • DoubleEgger
    edited November 2018
    Hopefully this thread has some staying power. I’m not unboxing ornaments until later this week. I do have a forum themed ornament. 
  • northGAcock
    Hopefully this thread has some staying power. I’m not unboxing ornaments until later this week. I do have a forum themed ornament. 
    I will keep it bumped. Not awarding the prize till Xmas Eve. Started early....and happy with the responses so far.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    i just have an outhouse and an old tire under the tree =)  the budlights not for drinking, its for watering the tree ;)

DSC_0025jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    I will keep it bumped. Not awarding the prize till Xmas Eve. Started early....and happy with the responses so far.
    There’s a prize? 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Years ago retired guy sent a bunch of us this coat pin he had made. I turned mine into this ornament.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • northGAcock
    There’s a prize? 
    I thought you GA Tech folks were supposed to be smart, can read and such......"the best one I see posted, I got a Mustard Sauce sampler pack for ya!"

• DoubleEgger
    There’s a prize? 
    I thought you GA Tech folks were supposed to be smart, can read and such......"the best one I see posted, I got a Mustard Sauce sampler pack for ya!"
    We are good at math. Reading not so much. 

I usually glaze over your posts anyway.... lol j/k 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    We bought a small Tio when over in Barcelona. It's a log that craps out presents. Kids feed it nuts and berries up until Christmas. Once Christmas arrives kids literally beat the sh!t out of it with sticks until it poops out presents under the blanket.

How could you not buy one? They think we are freaks with a fat man climbing down our chimneys and eating cookies.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • It’s not exactly an egghead tree, but it’s my man/ bucs tree that I still put up (while we’re out of the playoff race each year) in the loft. I get a new ornament or two every year to add,  may need a bigger tree soon.

Happy Holidays! 

• just ck'd HL website, bacon ornament is out of stock   :|
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • northGAcock
    RRP said:
    Now for the second year in a row a great buddy of mine in AZ has sent me this cast iron ornament made by Lodge. It is 3.5" and even that small it is heavy and better hung on sturdier branches.

Ordered my daughter and myself one of these (this years) this afternoon. Thanks.