Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Non stick pan?

Options

Comments

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    My cast iron is as slick as a diamond in a goat's ass but scrambled eggs still find places to hold onto. Unfortunately they like to hang onto the rivets in a nonstick pan also.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I bought a set of Sur la Table's non-stick pans and they have lasted us a while now.  Much longer than any other non-stick pans.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I use the same brand as Waffle House.  It it's good enough to take that kind of abuse it should be good enough to last a couple years in my house. 

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options

I find it interesting, not right or wrong, just interesting that guys who spend way more for a komodo smoker than necessary, in part due to the lifetime warranty, will apply the buy the cheapest and throw it away when defective approach to pans

Just an observation. 

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    When they make a non-stick pan that will last for a lifetime, I'll be the first to buy it =)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    Options
    We've  used Calphalon skillets and sauce pans for years.  Only use wood/plastic utensils and non-abrasive cleaners.  When they start to show signs of wear on the surface I contact Calphalon and either send them a picture, or lately they've asked I return the product.   In every instance they've replaced the product with a new one. 

No reason to toss and replace. Their lifetime warranty is very liberal as long as there aren't any cuts or scratches on the cooking surface. 

http://www.calphalon.com/en-US/warranty-info?msclkid=484bba0087261dcfe21ae1e0ff1fc065&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=[ADL] [Calphalon] [Brand] General - (Exact)&utm_term=calphalon warranty&utm_content=Calphalon ^ Warranty&adlclid=ADL-015d5857-43bc-4b67-a57c-756c9a69cedd  

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

• SonVolt
    edited November 2018
    Options
    dmchicago said:

I find it interesting, not right or wrong, just interesting that guys who spend way more for a komodo smoker than necessary, in part due to the lifetime warranty, will apply the buy the cheapest and throw it away when defective approach to pans

Just an observation. 

Because Teflon itself is disposable. Doesn't matter if your pan came from Walmart or Williams & Sonoma, the non-stick coating is finite. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Oops! Never mind....  

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

I'm surprised carbon steel isn't getting more play in this thread.  This omelet pan is my newest addition.

Phoenix 
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    dmchicago said:

Just an observation. 

Because Teflon itself is disposable. Doesn't matter if your pan came from Walmart or Williams & Sonoma, the non-stick coating is finite. 
    Right. But based on the history of posters, so are bases and fire rings. But we get them replaced for free.

Again, just an observation.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Love my Berndes 8” non-stick for eggs.  Bought it in 2010, still a joy to use.  Just a short, sharp pull and a flick of the wrist flips the eggs.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • steel_egg
    Options
    buzd504 said:

So great for eggs.

Love my scanpans. They say dishwasher safe but I only hand wash. Use almost daily. Going strong. 
  • 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 235
    Options
    I've been following this thread, even bragged a little on my All Clad. It's therefore ironic that I killed the poor thing last night.  After cooking a pulled pork quesadilla I forgot to turn the burner off. When I returned to the kitchen after eating the residual oil had turned to immovable varnish. It is being replaced with a Green Pan: at $30 I won't feel bad if it is a bust.

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    55Kevy said:
    I've been following this thread, even bragged a little on my All Clad. It's therefore ironic that I killed the poor thing last night.  After cooking a pulled pork quesadilla I forgot to turn the burner off. When I returned to the kitchen after eating the residual oil had turned to immovable varnish. It is being replaced with a Green Pan: at $30 I won't feel bad if it is a bust.
    Have you tried hitting it with Bar Keeper's Friend? Maybe try boiling some water in the pan, then hit it with the BKF and a scouring pad.

If you think its truly a goner, another option would be to hit it with a sander. Nothing to lose. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • 55Kevy
    Options
    I figured BKF (which I love) would end up destroying the nonstick. Did boil (well, just to where steam bubbles were forming) and then baking soda to no avail.  The pan is now in the recycle bin.

Kevin

XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,534
    Options
    @55Kevy sorry to hear that, I would 'cook' it direct, face down, in the egg at 600-700 for an hour and see what happens?
    canuckland
  • 55Kevy
    Options
    @Canugghead Raised?

Kevin

XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    55Kevy said:
    I ruined an all clad a few years back.  Did the same thing you did and went inexpensive on the replacement.  
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,534
    Options
    55Kevy said:
    @Canugghead Raised?

No, you want it close to the fire. Hopefully the heat will burn off the 'varnish' IDK. May even want to go two hours. Would love to know the outcome of this experiment!
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    55Kevy said:
    I did the same thing to my current T-fal.  I flipped a cheese omelette onto my plate and forgot to turn the burner off (low) until well after breakfast.  It discolored (which I have not been able to clean off) but surprisingly its still nonstick, and I'm still using it.  Odd.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Options
    Most persons do not realize that different 'grades' of non-stick exist.     The premium grades are very durable. 

http://www2.dupont.com/Products/en_RU/NonStick_Coatings_en.html

Look for just what teflon coating is put on the cookware you purchase.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    55Kevy said:
    I figured BKF (which I love) would end up destroying the nonstick. Did boil (well, just to where steam bubbles were forming) and then baking soda to no avail.  The pan is now in the recycle bin.
     My bad. I thought you had the SS All-Clad. The tips I mentioned would be a no-go for a pan with any coating on it. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    Just got the williams Sonoma elite 10 and 12 in set for about 80$ and love it better than the alclad.
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    ive mentioned this before but its like beating your head thru a concrete wall =) season your nice stainless pan like a cast iron pan, dont be all cleaning it shiny like a type A ninny.   then heat the pan before adding food.  then go press the tabs in on the aluminum foil box,  why....just go do it =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SonVolt
    Options
    then go press the tabs in on the aluminum foil box

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    then go press the tabs in on the aluminum foil box

The tabs on the ends of the box intended to help hold the roll of foil in the box.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SonVolt
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I once pressed the tabs in and they dented the side of the roll of foil so every sheet tore as you pulled it. Never again. 
  • jonessteave
    jonessteave Posts: 78
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Skillet Vs Frying Pan I realized the other day I only have cast iron pans left after slowly throwing out my Teflon pans over the years.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a medium or high-quality nonstick pan, mainly for acidic stuff but also lazy eggs and that kind of thing?
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    edited January 2022
    Options
    sigh
    Clinton, Iowa