Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table complete......for the most part

With the granite top installation this is complete, kind of.  Like with projects many of us have built there are a few things I'd do differently if starting over, but it is what it is.  Frame is white oak with the frame planed to 1" x 4" and legs
1-3/4" x 4".  Granite under the Egg as well as the top is 1-1/4" thick, with the bottom piece polished and the top "leathered".  Total weight of this is >400# with the Egg.  I would look for 4" casters rather than 3" if doing over, as although I don't have far to move it with each use, it's not easy.

The Egg is or rather was 13 years old.  I had a cracked firebox that Bruce warranted and while cleaning out the base I found that it was also cracked.  He also warranted the base, so the primary "hot" parts  with the exception of the fire ring are new.  I opted to update the band & hinge assembly, thermometer and daisy wheel while putting this back together.  

Time to fire it up tomorrow!

Comments