Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I hate Amazon.

In contrast to @SciAggie and his love for Amazon.
I don't actually hate Amazon, but don't feel any love for this third-party seller. I got this in the mail just this week.
Ordered a guitar and I received a piece of folded cardboard. The piece of cardboard was inside a small envelope, then the small envelope was inside a bigger envelope.
I am not making this up. Pictures included. 
I did get a refund, but why do you suppose the seller would even go through the bother of packing and sending a piece of cardboard? Weird stuff.
According to the small envelope, it was made in China.

Comments

• They could have at least cut the cardboard to look like a guitar.... 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,168
    They could have at least cut the cardboard to look like a guitar.... 
    Or sent a photo of a guitar. At least show a little creativity.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    Maybe it's a translation issue. Maybe guitar in Chinese means cardboard. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Get a loupe  and check the floor carefully. You must have dropped the very tiny guitar when you opened the smaller envelope .

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Dude, you got a stealth guitar!  Incredibly rare.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I would hate them too in your situation. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • In contrast to @SciAggie and his love for Amazon.
    I don't actually hate Amazon, but don't feel any love for this third-party seller. I got this in the mail just this week.
    Ordered a guitar and I received a piece of folded cardboard. The piece of cardboard was inside a small envelope, then the small envelope was inside a bigger envelope.
    I am not making this up. Pictures included. 
    I did get a refund, but why do you suppose the seller would even go through the bother of packing and sending a piece of cardboard? Weird stuff.
    According to the small envelope, it was made in China.

Maybe the factory workers packaged this one after a bender of a long weekend. 
  • Tariffs 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Dude, you got a stealth guitar!  Incredibly rare.
    Rare?!?  Me, and all my friends, and everyone else, play one!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Maybe it's Wonder Woman's guitar she takes when flying in her jet. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,168
    Thanks everyone. Lots of funny replies. I am still a bit miffed at this seller, but Amazon did issue a full refund, so that is a good thing. Seller still has items listed for sale. Looks like they would shut down the seller account.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Maybe it was the world’s smallest violin?
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    I think some sellers on Amazon just totally abuse the customers knowing that some % of them won't bother bugging Amazon for a refund.  Some of my less successful Amazon 3rd party fulfillment orders:

Orthotic insole inserts...ordered my size...got like a 4yo size.  Complained, got a refund, and they said to keep them. WTF am I going to do with baby sized orthotics?

Air conditioner filters.  These must have come from the Vogons of AC filters...because first the order was lost.  When I complained that I never received the order, they got it out, but the filters (custom sized) fell apart in shipping.  Eventually, I did get an order of filters that were usable.  I'm not sure if the seller got paid (I'd started the dispute process with Amazon while the order was lost) and based on how things turned out, I really don't care if they did.
  • Thanks everyone. Lots of funny replies. I am still a bit miffed at this seller, but Amazon did issue a full refund, so that is a good thing. Seller still has items listed for sale. Looks like they would shut down the seller account.
    This sounds more like what you would find on eBay than on Amazon.

I just ordered a software define radio today on Amazon. Should be here day after tomorrow. I use Amazon way too much and never had any problems. sorry to hear that you did. Also surprised that Amazon hasn't banned the seller.
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Ya your situation would suck. I love Amazon. I ordered a 3 Day pack for my wife a few years back. Cost around $50-$75 bucks or so I think. Found out after the fact that it was coming from China, a month or so goes by and nothing. So I emailed amazon and they issued me a full refund. 6 Months later, I get a box on my front door that looked like it had been through hell. Chinese shipping labels all over the outside. I open it up and sure enough, there is my 3 Day pack. Guess it got stuck in customs hell for half the year or something.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    That’s 1/1024 Guitar 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    @dmw loves amazon.  He’ll fight you
  • dsrguns
    dsrguns Posts: 421
    I really don’t hate Amazon but I was not happy with them. I ordered an All Clad d5 3 qt. saucepan and received a d3 6 qtt. sauté pan. If at first you don’t succeed then try again I guess.

XL BGE
    MD
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    I hate amazon, those fvckers ring my doorbell every day and then drive away.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Legume said:
    I hate amazon, those fvckers ring my doorbell every day and then drive away.
    They cut a deer path through the our front yard at our old place. No joke.