Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza on the Mini Max

Well my first try on the MM. I had a hard time getting it to 550 and couldn't get it higher. Pizza turned out okat but still want to try for 650 next time. The Italian 00 flour is awesome for crust.

Pizza peal is a little big for a 10" stone.=)
Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Looks great...
    You might be able to decrease the gap between your top stone and platesetter to increase your airflow.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BobDanger
    BobDanger Posts: 323
    I'm using the riser blokes I got from CGS, they are lying on their side...I'm guessing 1".
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    BobDanger said:
    I'm using the riser blokes I got from CGS, they are lying on their side...I'm guessing 1".
    OK, thanks.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Use a KAB or raise the stone bc it restricts the airflow
    MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA
  • BobDanger
    BobDanger Posts: 323
    I’m still learning on the MM...I use the KAB, have the plate setter feet down and use the ceramic blocks under the pizza stone.

My MM takes a long time getting up to temp compared to my medium and I think I just need to add more lump on cooks...learning curve.
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    BobDanger said:
    I’m still learning on the MM...I use the KAB, have the plate setter feet down and use the ceramic blocks under the pizza stone.

My MM takes a long time getting up to temp compared to my medium and I think I just need to add more lump on cooks...learning curve.
    This was not my experience using one last weekend. I was using the woo and stone in lieu of the PS however 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited October 2018
    Use a KAB or raise the stone bc it restricts the airflow
    Raising the stone higher will only restrict air flow more.   

Sounds like the OPs mm egg functions like some of the smalls.  You gotta clean it out before you want high heat 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.