Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- Your favorite web browser is, and why?? -OT

lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,174
I feel like a ping-pong ball with web browsers.  Every time I find one I think has fewer hip-cups than the last one, after a few months I am ticked off enough to go back.  Granted a neanderthal here but I have bounced among Safari, Firefox and Chrome ( left IE several years ago).  What am I missing??
Non technical posts requested and appreciated.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    edited October 2018
    Things have really changed over the past couple of years. I too dropped IE a few years ago. Settled on Chrome and was satisfied. Lately I have had to run a couple of database sites on Firefox because Chrome was caching everything and wouldn’t refresh. Oddly enough I have that problem on iPad and iPhone on Safari but run on Chrome. Also found that a couple of sites runmuch smoother on Chrome. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I use Chrome the most.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Onion tor browser.  Good luck tracking me government.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    chrome
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Chrome. 

The hell with IE and Edge is even worse. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• im an apple homer.  safari
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Krome
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    I use Safari, Firefox and Chrome, but I use Safari by far the most because it's best integrated with the Mac environment and I'm used to it.  I also like Firefox and Chrome, though I am leery of Google's tendency to store my information so I use Chrome the least even though I don't know that Google's browser is any more likely to store stuff about me than the other browsers.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Firefox on my iMac.  Chrome on my HP work laptop.  IE sux on there. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I call IE OU because Oklahoma sucks.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    edited October 2018
    Been using Chrome for casual browsing and Edge for banking, but a few months ago after a Windows update, Edge stopped downloading bank info, could not event open a PDF.  A search for a solution recommended changing the registry, no thanks, have not done that since the old days, so Chrome all the way now.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Chrome for lack of anything better
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,326
    I'm 90% of the time a Mac user and I rarely use Safari, Chrome just sucks up too much memory (even tho I have 32gb on my iMac).
    When they rewrote Firefox and it became Firefox Quantum about a year ago I gave it a try and it was incredibly fast and didn't seem to hold onto memory like Chrome does so I quit Chrome and started using Firefox as my main browser. However, at some point in one of the recent little updates a few web pages I need just won't work in Firefox for some reason (Costco pharmacy page for one) so I need to use a different browser and for those and a few other things I use Opera. Opera is a great overlooked browser that has been around for a couple decades.
    On my iMac Firefox and Opera are running with multiple windows with multiple tabs all day long.
    In Windows I'll use IE or Chrome but I don't usually use my Windows machines for web stuff so can't really say I have a Windows favorite browser. But since you were using IE I'll assume you are on a Windows machine so you might want to give a look at Opera (they make Windows/Linux/Mac versions) - https://www.opera.com/

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    These damn things are moving targets.

I use a Windoze machine at work (with all the guv'mint "safeguards") and Macs at home.
    With every change in OS, security feature, infrastructure, etc the "best" changes; I swap between IE and Chrome at work (the only two allowed) and Safari and Firefox at home.  The Good thing about them is, (like Apple vs Windoze OS's) they seem to get closer and closer to each other over time, so its easy to switch between them.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Firefox. Opera seemed to get all crashy on me at one point, so I gave up. I avoid Chrome because it's Google. No idea if MS Edge is any good, IE was so bad I've not tried it.
  • etherdome
    etherdome Posts: 471
    I just deal with whatever I am given. I have too many other problems than to worry about my web browser.  However , Since I have a MacBook it’s mostly safari. On my iPhone I use chrome sometimes . 
    Upstate SC
    Large BGE,  Blackstone, Weber genesis , Weber charcoal classic
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Opera....works good for me.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    theres still a few sites i have to run aol on. i stick to firefox unless theres a problem
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    C'mon @lousubcap!   We need you for brisket threads to keep this place exciting!   If you say, "the friggin OS drives the web browser!" we're going to need to sick the buffaloes on you. 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • Corporate replaced our machines with Windows 10, so everyone is using EDGE. I still like my IE on my home machine, as I try to avoid Google.
  • Safari with DuckDuckGo. No tracking can be slow. Will try ones suggested. Google best for some of our professional and gov sites. 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Safari with DuckDuckGo. No tracking can be slow. Will try ones suggested. Google best for some of our professional and gov sites. 
    I find DuckDuckGo a bit poor in terms of search results. Used to like Scroogle when it was still up.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    Firefox here.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,676
    Firefox with ublock origin extension.
    I see no ad's or popup videos on the web. it makes for a much more peaceful surfing experience.