Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time Eggtoberfest

Options
My wife and I will be attending our first Eggtoberfest here in a couple of weeks. We are looking forward to the event but not really sure what to expect. I'm assuming there will be a lot of sample food and exhibitions. What advice for first timers? Anything that we need to make sure that we don't miss?

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    I would recommend pacing yourself and don’t try to sample everything as you will be full very early if you do.  Share samples with your wife and if you find something so good you have to have another of the same sample do it then.

Look at the classes and attend any you’re interested in.  It gives you a break from the constant eating.  There will be plenty of food being served when you get out of the class.

If they organize it like they did when I went a couple of years ago, the professional cooks may be placed together in one area.  Save some appetite for this area.  

Remember to give peoples choice tickets to the booths that serve your favorite dishes.

Have fun!

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Atl_Buckeye
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks R2
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    Biggest thing is plan to stand in a lot of lines, don't be disappointed that they run out of food before you get to the table, and enjoy the wonderful smells all around you.

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options

Pace yourself.  You are going to be more full than thanksgiving dinner.  

You're going to be excited.  Control yourself early.

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Be careful, I hear these "fests" are an aphrodisiac.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    Don’t mean to highjack the thread but I have a few questions about Eggtoberfest as well. 

In pictures I see lots of people bringing in folding chairs, is it worth it?  
    Does the BGE store on-site offer any discounted prices or is everything more or less msrp? 
    Any reason to bring cash? 

Thanks. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • grilldad
    Options
    Don’t mean to highjack the thread but I have a few questions about Eggtoberfest as well. 

In pictures I see lots of people bringing in folding chairs, is it worth it?  
    Does the BGE store on-site offer any discounted prices or is everything more or less msrp? 
    Any reason to bring cash? 

Thanks. 
    Second the cash question, first time going :)
    Orlando, Hunters Creek  FL with a XL "I gave my BGE Chantix but it just wont quit smokin...."

"Not a Chef, but I love to cook.. Sometimes I get a hug and sometimes my wife says unrepeatable things in another language....."
  • grilldad
    Options
    For any other Newbies like me just got an answer to this question for Children under 14. Do children under 14 need a ticket? Answer: "Children 14 and under are free - they will receive a wristband good for five waters or sodas but are not eligible to receive a t-shirt or gift bag."
    Orlando, Hunters Creek  FL with a XL "I gave my BGE Chantix but it just wont quit smokin...."

"Not a Chef, but I love to cook.. Sometimes I get a hug and sometimes my wife says unrepeatable things in another language....."