Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roll Call.........Who is going to Eggtoberfest this weekend????

Options
Who all is going??

List if you're going to be at the main event on Saturday and/or the meet & greet Friday night.

Also, maybe we can get a group text going and meet somewhere on Saturday??  I caught up with about a dozen of you last year, but it wasn't easy.  Let's try to figure out a time and place this year.  Anybody cooking?  Could we come hang out at your tent at some point in the afternoon when the rush is over?  Like 1:00 or 2:00 pm?

Comments

• Rogory
    Rogory Posts: 31
    Options
    The wife and I will be there Saturday, we missed last year due to me having major surgery.  I am 100% better this year and ready to go.
    1 Large and 1 Mini, In Greenville,SC
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    A buddy of mine bailed, so I have two extra tickets......let me know ASAP.

Also, anybody that wants a RW hat or apron, l'll squeeze whatever I can in my backpack.  We're nearly out of t-shirts......have a few toddler shirts (4T & 5T), one small, one medium, one 2 XL, and two 4XLs.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    A buddy of mine bailed, so I have two extra tickets......let me know ASAP.

Also, anybody that wants a RW hat or apron, l'll squeeze whatever I can in my backpack.  We're nearly out of t-shirts......have a few toddler shirts (4T & 5T), one small, one medium, one 2 XL, and two 4XLs.

No tumblers? (Just bustin on ya)!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    I don't want to hi-jack and derail your post, but you (and anyone reading) should make it out to DizzyFest in VA this upcoming spring.  It'll be a couple weeks after Butt Blast
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    I don't want to hi-jack and derail your post, but you (and anyone reading) should make it out to DizzyFest in VA this upcoming spring.  It'll be a couple weeks after Butt Blast
    Was talking to Joellen about that yesterday!!  May 4th, 2019.  Hope I can make is this year.

When is ButtBlast?
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Was talking to Joellen about that yesterday!!  May 4th, 2019.  Hope I can make is this year.

When is ButtBlast?

I want to say April 13th (the weekend before easter), but @tarheelmatt @johnincarolina or @piney should be able to confirm that date.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    I am going to the meet and greet and the Eggtoberfest.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    johnnyp said:

When is ButtBlast?

I want to say April 13th (the weekend before easter), but @tarheelmatt @johnincarolina or @piney should be able to confirm that date.

Correct, it's 4/13. Had to move it due to Easter. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    johnnyp said:

When is ButtBlast?

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Thanks again for my t shirt last year @stlcharcoal.  It’s in the regular rotation. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    johnnyp said:

When is ButtBlast?

Should we put you down as a cook this year then??
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    johnnyp said:
    johnnyp said:

When is ButtBlast?

Not sure.....if we get a RV by then, yes.  If not, it'll probably just be a day trip again.
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    johnnyp said:
    johnnyp said:

When is ButtBlast?

Not sure.....if we get a RV by then, yes.  If not, it'll probably just be a day trip again.
    Hit me up if you have any questions regarding RVing. 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Jeremiah said: a
    Jeremiah said:
    johnnyp said:
    johnnyp said:

When is ButtBlast?

Or box wine selections...
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    johnnyp said:
    johnnyp said:

When is ButtBlast?

Need a Class A with sleeping for 6.  Queen in the back, bunk beds in the hall, then either two sofa sleepers, or one sofa + bunk over the cockpit.  One bathroom.  Been trying to learn and looking at different floor plans.  Will be towing a Expedition EL.
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Jeremiah said: a
    Jeremiah said:
    johnnyp said:
    johnnyp said:

When is ButtBlast?

Or box wine selections...

• Jeremiah
    Options
    Jonathan, that’s awesome if y’all can go straight for a class A. Pulling an expedition behind it would almost require a diesel pusher,
    theres only one I’d recommend in that range,
    the Tiffin. Can’t help but mention though, if you can trade the expedition for a 3/4 truck, a fifth wheeler would really suit y’all better as there’s more options for the kiddos, as most class As are geared towards empty nesters. Also there’s plenty of travel trailers that the expedition will tow that have bunkhouses for the kids too. (This is where we fall). Again, let me know if your serious, we can chat offline. 
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Jonathan, that’s awesome if y’all can go straight for a class A. Pulling an expedition behind it would almost require a diesel pusher,
    theres only one I’d recommend in that range,
    the Tiffin. Can’t help but mention though, if you can trade the expedition for a 3/4 truck, a fifth wheeler would really suit y’all better as there’s more options for the kiddos, as most class As are geared towards empty nesters. Also there’s plenty of travel trailers that the expedition will tow that have bunkhouses for the kids too. (This is where we fall). Again, let me know if your serious, we can chat offline. 
    Has to be a class A.  No way to put 4 kids and 2 adults comfortably in a 3/4 pickup.  Would have to get one of those custom 3 row ones and they're $100k easy.  I looked at bumper tows and to get one big enough for us, it's going to be 6000# before loading it up.  I don't care what my truck is rated for, that's too much.  Even the DeLorean on my dad's aluminum 16ft car hauling trailer feel like overloading it.  Bring back the Excursion!!!!!!!

Theres a Tiffin dealer across the highway from our warehouse.  Been over there a few times.  More than enough space to park at the warehouse.  Definitely a diesel.  We have the GM 6.0 V8 gas engine in our box truck and that thing gets about 7.5 mpg out on the highway.  It only gets driven about 7k a year and is rarely at max gross, but I still wish I would have spent the extra $$ on the diesel for the torque.  You have to get a running start at steep hills.

I saw a class A online that had a split rear level.  Queen bed in the basement and a loft above.  Kind of cool.  I can't remember the brand but there aren't any dealers in missouri.  
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Go get it! Rving is about being out there. We’re on our 4th rv/camper in 15 years. You likely won’t get it right the first time but you’ll get a better idea what is. Either way get your a$$ to butt blast....
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Go get it! Rving is about being out there. We’re on our 4th rv/camper in 15 years. You likely won’t get it right the first time but you’ll get a better idea what is. Either way get your a$$ to butt blast....
    Yeah if the Rockwood Wannabango doesn't happen an airplane would be the other money pit.  Can't get anywhere from STL since TWA went belly up.  Or I'll just say F'it and get both.....charge all you sucka's more.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Yeah if the Rockwood Wannabango doesn't happen an airplane would be the other money pit.  Can't get anywhere from STL since TWA went belly up.  Or I'll just say F'it and get both.....charge all you sucka's more.
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll stock up before the price hike.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Yeah I had better buy out the local ACE tomorrow before the hike.
  • grilldad
    Options
    Yup going I'm up for a text chain so we can all meetup. We are driving up tomorrow probably getting in late staying at the Holiday Inn Eggspress in Stone Mountain
    Orlando, Hunters Creek  FL with a XL "I gave my BGE Chantix but it just wont quit smokin...."

"Not a Chef, but I love to cook.. Sometimes I get a hug and sometimes my wife says unrepeatable things in another language....."
  • Kevinboatright
    Options
    I’ll be there.  Driving over on Saturday morning. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Looks like we have @Atl_Buckeye as well.
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    I am going BUT I did not receive my email with tickets. I have asked but don’t have the link yet. I have a 13 hr drive and need to leave tonight. If the email link does not arrive by this afternoon I will have to cancel. 

I am an excited and can’t wait - hope this gets figured out...
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• tdsuga
    tdsuga Posts: 19
    Options
    I will be there Saturday. My first Eggtoberfest. Looking forward to it!!
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    Got my tickets, so pumped to head south
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/