Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGGtoberfest Ticket Giveaway - WINNERS!

The_Buffalo
The_Buffalo Posts: 455
edited October 2018 in EggHead Forum
The Buffalo invites you to join all of us at the sold out EGGtoberfest 2018 .... and since he is a kind and gentle Buffalo, he is going to check this specific thread on Oct 5th, and on that day will award a few of the entries two free tickets to EGGtoberfest 2018. Tell us why you should be at EGGtoberfest 2018 --- the names will be selected from all the postings here, extra points for creativity, and you could be joining the Buffalo and his herd on October 13th!  Keep it civil, keep it clean, and have fun!​

We'll give the tickets to the winners but it's your responsibility to get there!
Coming to you from the Mothership!

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I should get some cause I’m first comment. 
  • I am going to be out of town on that date so if you pick me please go ahead and award them to some other worthy forum member. (Now this is a civil, clean and fun entry.)
  • Please make sure @FlyOverCountry gets a ticket. Obviously you guys have already given him troll rights.
    Snellville, GA

• Not even going to try this year. Give them to SGH.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited September 2018

<submission>I think I should get some free tickets because I've never been there.  </submission>

edited September 2018
    Would the Buffalo Buffalo his own thread? 

Better not risk it. I can bring a food saver. I have credentials. I’ll need a ticket for @caliking. It’s a 2 man operation. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Last year was fun.  Good luck to whoever enters and have fun!
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • i cant go but my brother and his son would love to they are from dallas and i THINK they are now allowed in the state of georgia
  • I’ll give this a shot: I’ve been an EggHead about 4 years now (LBGE) and just got married on 9/22/18 and on the way to our honeymoon I found great deal and got my wife a mini-max. I would love to fully introduce her into the Egg culture and give her ideas and techniques of what she can do on the mini. If she is unable to go I would take my father in law who is the one who introduced me to Egg’s. 

None one of us have ever been to an EggFest.   

Here is a picture of the Mini-max on our mini-moon. 

Also, thanks for the chance to win some tickets! 

Nice post and good luck with everything.
  • Kevinboatright
    Kevinboatright Posts: 278
    edited September 2018
    HeavyG said:
    I cast one vote for @Kevinboatright to win the tickets!
    @HeavyG.  Thanks. We have our fingers crossed. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    I cast a vote for @Kevinboatright also. Anyone who shares our anniversary deserves at least two tickets. Hope your marriage lasts as long or longer than ours. (currently 45 years). Anyone who finds a deal on a minimax for his new wife on the way to their honeymoon is a true egghead and should be rewarded.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • I'm a pretty dedicated EggHead, since I use my LBGE generally 2 or 3 times a week, 52 weeks a year. Actually, the vast majority of what we eat comes off the Egg. I've even convinced a couple of my friends to buy Eggs and they love 'em as much as I do. I've always thought about going to an EGGtoberfest, but haven't made it yet. I'm available this year, so I'd love to get the opportunity.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Been using Eggs for 3 years and love them. Recently purchased my 5th Egg ( a Mini ). In the past I have not been able to attend. This year I can but was not able to get tickets. I am totally into cooking on the Egg and have started making videos to share my joy of cooking. My son and I have a blast with the cooks. 

I recently started a website (www.grillingwithpapaj.com) all for fun and to share the videos ( not about selling anything).

would love to attend with my wonderful (understanding) wife. Sounds like a great event.

Fingers crossed
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• SamIAm2 said:
    I cast a vote for @Kevinboatright also. Anyone who shares our anniversary deserves at least two tickets. Hope your marriage lasts as long or longer than ours. (currently 45 years). Anyone who finds a deal on a minimax for his new wife on the way to their honeymoon is a true egghead and should be rewarded.
    @SamIAm2 thanks for another vote. I’ve never met any of you yet everyone is rooting for us. Lol I hope I’ll get to meet some of y’all soon. 
    Atlanta, GA 

LBGE, Mini-Max, Mini, 1995 BGE Chiminea, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E-310. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I have tried to contribute quality help and guidance to my daughter and son in law who live in Atlanta. I would like the tickets so that I can treat them to there first ever eggfest. They received a large as they entered matroney.......and developed solid skills over the last couple of years. It would be my honor and privilege to gift them tickets. They actually live within a couple of miles of the mothership....and would absolutely love to attend. Not sure my entry meets criteria....hoping for a favorable call. Did some wings today....
    Follow up....daughter and SIL have another commitment. Disregard my request?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I’ve never been to an eggfest before and would truly like to go. I’ve entered contest and tried to win tickets and have never been chosen. If I’m not chosen this time around I hope @Kevinboatright is. You should do the right thing @The_Buffalo and give the tickets to @Kevinboatright

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Just started Egging and was looking forward to Eggtoberfest next year,(Live just down the street in Orlando :) Pretty awesome community on the forums and very helpful with all the tips, tricks and advice. Wouldn't be averse to some free tickets for this year so I can meet some of these Egg gurus in person! Thanks for the opportunity and as I like to go with the flow if you don't pick me give em to @Kevinboatright!
    Orlando, Hunters Creek  FL with a XL "I gave my BGE Chantix but it just wont quit smokin...."

"Not a Chef, but I love to cook.. Sometimes I get a hug and sometimes my wife says unrepeatable things in another language....."
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I am pulling for pappaJ, @JMCXL.

I bet he would make a nice video documenting the experience.  Plus...dude had 5 eggs. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    I am pulling for pappaJ, @JMCXL.

I bet he would make a nice video documenting the experience.  Plus...dude had 5 eggs. 

You you know I will be making a video if I get to go. Thanks for the mention...
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• One of the best things about living in Atlanta is having the mother ship right here nearby.  The other is being able to attend the Eggtoberfest just down the highway.  Oh how I love them so.
    Best - Jack
  • tdsuga
    tdsuga Posts: 19
    I work on Saturday’s in October and can’t get off. I bought a BGE 4 yrs ago and have had to work every year the Saturday that Eggtoberfest has been on until this year. I had the date set to order tickets but my notification didn’t go off and it sold out.. :(
    I would love to be able to go!!!
  • And the winners are..... drumroll.........
    -Eddie
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,894
    Very happy for all the winners, especially @Kevinboatright. Just remember, you all need to add your photos of the Eggtoberfest or it didn't happen! Maybe post them here since some of us already have the thread bookmarked. Enjoy yourselves.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.