Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tiger

Options
dmchicago
dmchicago Posts: 4,516
edited September 2018 in Off Topic
Great day of redemption for TW.

Haters gonna hate. I'm sure they've never made mistakes.

I am very happy for him and his children who saw that their Dad is a winner.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
Dennis - Austin,TX

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Great win for Tiger. He worked his *ss off to get back and win. Amazing.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Here he comes Augusta!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Nice to see him work his way back to the top. That's a pretty amazing feat.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Golf is much better with Tiger in the hunt. Gotta love his passion for the game.That Ryder cup pick looking good now for sure.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options

Possibly the GOAT of comeback stories, right there with Mr. Hogan.

Congrats TW!

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Some pretty good theater. I might have missed it, but did they ever say whether Dustin Johnson would have won the Fed Ex Cup if that putt on 18 went down? Also, not sure when Rory turned into Greg Norman, but man has he turned into a choking dog on Sundays.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    That was the first time I watched the entirety of the Sunday round of a tournament in forever. The Astros wte even playing at the same time. It was great to see. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options

Congrats TW!

I have to agree, but I would say that Hulk Hogan's return to the WWF after leaving for the WCW, was a totally bigger deal.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    That was the first time I watched the entirety of the Sunday round of a tournament in forever. The Astros wte even playing at the same time. It was great to see. 
    Same for me, Braves clinched and the Panthers played a great game. I did however gamble with a Costco prime brisket and some Royal Oak, sigh. Anybody got a good chili recipe? 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Same for me, Braves clinched and the Panthers played a great game. I did however gamble with a Costco prime brisket and some Royal Oak, sigh. Anybody got a good chili recipe? 
    Search "Award Winning Smoked Brisket Chili" posted by @EggObsessed - best chili you'll ever put in your mouth!!  Seriously.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I’m a terrible golfer - my game is a lot more “in the woods” than “Tiger Woods” - but if he’s in the hunt on a Sunday, I’ll tune in for sure.  Just something about the guy and the way he plays is fun to watch.  I’m glad he’s back in the mix - great comeback story.   People deserve second and even third or fourth chances in my book.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Search "Award Winning Smoked Brisket Chili" posted by @EggObsessed - best chili you'll ever put in your mouth!!  Seriously.
    Thanks man will do. Oh and headed to ace for more Rockwood.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,228
    Options
    Tiger is going to wipe Phil up in that $9M match in Nov. 
  • berndcrisp
    Options
    thetrim said:

Congrats TW!

I have to agree, but I would say that Hulk Hogan's return to the WWF after leaving for the WCW, was a totally bigger deal.
    I was referring to Ben Hogan

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,826
    Options
    now that he is winning again =)  i see a few blondes in his future
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TexasRebel
    Options
    The last 4 or 5 years or whatever have really humbled him.  He's a completely different person on the course now.  You can see him chatting it up with other golfers regularly on the course during tourney play.  Something you never would have seen him doing in the earlier years.  Feels like he's embracing a sort of mentor role with younger players.  Of course, sometimes you gotta show the young bucks you're one of the GOATs for a reason.
    Just an Ole Miss Rebel fan living in Texas.
    Hotty Toddy!
    Mansfield, TX

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    The last 4 or 5 years or whatever have really humbled him.  He's a completely different person on the course now.  You can see him chatting it up with other golfers regularly on the course during tourney play.  Something you never would have seen him doing in the earlier years.  Feels like he's embracing a sort of mentor role with younger players.  Of course, sometimes you gotta show the young bucks you're one of the GOATs for a reason.
    He’s not one of the GOATs, he is without a doubt the GOAT. 
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    He’s not one of the GOATs, he is without a doubt the GOAT. 
    To come back from what...4 back surgeries and play the game, much less win on the professional level is beyond amazing. I do think you are right. He has been humbled and will give back and that makes this that much more special. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    Options
    I don't care what he wins as long as it's not a major.  I'm a Jack Nicklaus guy and Tiger is 4 behind him in major wins and I hope Tiger never wins another one!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• berndcrisp
    Options
    I don't care what he wins as long as it's not a major.  I'm a Jack Nicklaus guy and Tiger is 4 behind him in major wins and I hope Tiger never wins another one!
    He's 42 years old, I hope he gets 3 more.

• ChokeOnSmoke
    Options
    He's 42 years old, I hope he gets 3 more.
    3 more is fine, I'll take that!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• berndcrisp
    Options
    I knew you wood.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Let's hope Sunday was more than just a one time fluke.

Was pretty awesome to see the crowd following him up to the 18th green - what a sea of people that was!

I hope he wins >5 more majors.
    One of the commentators made the point that if you were paired with him you did not want to putt after him since everyone would start immediately moving to the next hole.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Jack had to beat a handful of competitors, most of which were drunk at the first tee. It’s just not the same game as far as strength and depth of field. I’m am perfectly fine with Jack being the greatest of his generation, but all time is not applicable. Even without the additional  major  wins Tiger is better. 

Why didnt they “Jack proof” Augusta back in the day? Hmmmmm.  
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    I don't mind seeing Tiger do well and was pulling for him to win both prizes on Sunday, but I think anyone who believes he wasn't benefited from some now tested for banned substances during his best years is naive.
    Stillwater, MN
  • KennyLee
    Options

What a win....would have NEVER predicted this even 6 months ago.  Amazing comeback and will make Augusta that much more interesting. 

As far as the greatest ever, he's one of three in the conversation along with Nicklaus and Hogan.  A legitimate argument can be made for all three and no real right answer.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Regardless of any opinions about Tiger, the crowd roars were amazing on Sunday.  Very Masters-esque. 
    His walk up the 18th fairway speaks volumes.  What a scene!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio