Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where to find Tasty Licks rubs?

Options
Anyone know a good source for Tasty Licks rubs? In particular Black Bart's Brisket Rub and Flying Swine. I only find a few places online and shipping is more than the rubs. 
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Isn't that Fred's stuff? I always thought all of his stuff was too expensive.

http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/category_s/456.htm

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I can probably get it at a local store. I'll check. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Thanks @travisstrick I got some originally in one of the sauce exchanges and I'm hooked. 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I can get at mason Dixon bbq services locally or shipped from Fred's music and bbq.
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    I've been to Fred's several times. His rubs are OK; just a little too much salt.
  • RalphieBoy
    Options
    I really like Black Bart Brisket Rub. I used to buy from Fred but he has closed. Would anyone have the recipe? 
    Large, Small, Mini Max & Mini.
    Wishlist XXL, XL & Medium 
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Fred retired almost two years ago. Shop closed. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Was not a big fan of his rubs, but I liked the tasty licks BBQ sauce.
    Man, that guy curses/cursed more than anyone else I know.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • RalphieBoy
    Options
    I had tried several over the years and really liked the Black Bart’s Brisket Rub. What rub do you fellows like for Brisket rub? I like some heat with it.
  • Slippy
    Slippy Posts: 214
    Options
    I had tried several over the years and really liked the Black Bart’s Brisket Rub. What rub do you fellows like for Brisket rub? I like some heat with it.
    I use a simple rub of Salt & pepper, with a bit of coffee grounds. For the heat, you could slather with hot sauce before the rub, or simply add some cayenne to the mix (or both)... 

Rockwall, TX  •  LBGE, Big Hat Ranger offset smoker, Really old 22" Weber Kettle, Pile of Pecan and Post Oak... 
  • RalphieBoy
    Options
    It’s the worse part of getting old. You find something you really like and they either die or go out of business. I wished there would be a way to send a rub off and they tell me what’s in it. Rub DNA.