Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @fishlessman that's probably a safety feature to prevent you from trying to access the screens while the car is in motion. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    @fishlessman that's probably a safety feature to prevent you from trying to access the screens while the car is in motion. 
    putting the vehicle in park may have been a better option than opening the bonnet ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    swmbo bmws warranty and complimentary service just ran out. I know there is no dipstick but I will be servicing it from here on.  Youtube University.
    Wait till you try to pull the drain plug and there isn't one!!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Thank God for a pushrod V8 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    2018 batch 39. Find this, buy this. $100.00.
    Worth a C-Note. Absolutely Legit. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    swmbo bmws warranty and complimentary service just ran out. I know there is no dipstick but I will be servicing it from here on.  Youtube University.
    Don’t mess with me man!!!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Options
    filter and fill/drain are up top now, no reason to get under the vehicle =)
    fukahwee maine

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Working.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Wings.  Do you rub AND sauce?  That's been my MO for years, but lately wondering...the sauce seems to overpower the rub.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    @milesvdustin good luck today. What line of work are you  in
    Corrections on the federal side

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,648
    edited September 2018
    Options

is there a echo in here?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I am ready for the weekend.....anyone else going, let's try and hook up.
    Most jelous!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Just cracked a damn filling eating this. Not fun! Hopefully my dentist can get me in tomorrow morning... Time for bourbon 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• NorthPilot06
    Options
    Oh shucks. That doesn’t look that overcooked ;)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    And sorry to hear that!
  • NorthPilot06
    Options
    Also, spending too much time reading about the magic of Hatch chilis. 

I made a batch of hatch chili salsa last week that was incredible - and I’m wondering how to replicate now that the “season” is over.  Any ideas?   :i_dunno:
  • northGAcock
    Options
    Also, spending too much time reading about the magic of Hatch chilis. 

I made a batch of hatch chili salsa last week that was incredible - and I’m wondering how to replicate now that the “season” is over.  Any ideas?   :i_dunno:
    Get the fire roasted green chilies from http://505chile.com/

• NorthPilot06
    Options
    Touché @northGAcock - I like the way you think 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Botch said:
    Quick question for those of you with a newer vehicle: does it completely forego the oil dipstick??  To check my oil, I need to follow some instructions and then dive into the menus of my "Infotainment" system.... WTFF?!?!?!?
    That is correct, my BMW is the same. Time to read the owners manual...
    Reading the Owner's Manual is how I made this discovery.  And, I might just finish it tonight!  After 2+ weeks, I feel I should get some kind of college credit or something.  
    My battery's hidden away somewhere in the back of the car, too (haven't gotten to that part of the manual yet).  But, Audi provides two battery terminal-sized posts in the engine compartment, the Pos covered up with a plastic top, very nice!  No sparking explosion danger when getting a jump.  
    I'm also surprised at the size of the oil filter, about 2" x 3", and the first oil change is scheduled at 10,000 miles!  What happened to the 600-mile oil change for a new car/motorcycle, full of metal shavings?  German precision engineering, I guess (actually the engine was built in Hungary).  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Botch
    Options
    fishlessman said:
    if you want insanity, the rover has no dipstick, but part of the procedure with the video screen still has opening the hood to check on it. if the hood is not open you cant get into the proper maintenance screen =)
    ^^^That, makes me Angry!  :angry:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• northGAcock
    Options
    Touché @northGAcock - I like the way you think 
    Careful....not many people think like I do.....and own up to it. :o

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @Botch that is scheduled.  I felt the same way with the duration, so I did one at 1500, one at 3000 and then one at 5k on the odometer. Ever since then, one every 5k.

It maybe overkill, but it can’t hurt anything but my wallet. The piece of mind it gives me is worth the cost.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Botch
    Options
    Oh, and while I'm bitchin (last one, promise!)  
    I'm really enjoying my 3-month free subscription to SiriusXM (that I can get the same account thru my home stereo via Roku, and thru my Amazon Echoes, I'll probably be subscribing afterwards).  
    I've found the setting where the artist and track names come up on the display, but it disables when the car is in motion!!!  Is this a SiriusXM thing, or an Audi thing?  It's sooo much quicker to read two lines of text, rather than read a map, on the display, yet the safe one is disabled and the dangerous one, enabled.  wtf?  

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Botch said:
    I'm really enjoying my 3-month free subscription to SiriusXM (that I can get the same account thru my home stereo via Roku, and thru my Amazon Echoes, I'll probably be subscribing afterwards).  
    I've found the setting where the artist and track names come up on the display, but it disables when the car is in motion!!!  Is this a SiriusXM thing, or an Audi thing?  It's sooo much quicker to read two lines of text, rather than read a map, on the display, yet the safe one is disabled and the dangerous one, enabled.  wtf?  
    Audi thing. 
  • Botch
    Options

Buy a box of Ziplock bags.  Have a full bushel roasted in Aug/Sept.  Put 5 to 6 chilis in each bag, press out the air, freeze; will take up about 2 ft^3 of space. Repeat next season.  I've been doing this for a couple decades now.  

To peel before bagging/freezing, or after thawing (before cooking)?  I've done it both ways; its very handy to thaw out a bag of chilies, seed and chop, without having to peel them, but peeling a full bushel of them in one sitting takes me 3 or 4 hours, and it kills your fingers (do NOT rub your eyes, scratch your nose, and rehearse with chopsticks/tongs/rubber gloves/your choice when you have to take a leak, and you WILL have to, peeling chilies and slammin' beers go together).  

And, finally, Welcome to the world of Chile-Heads!  

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    Botch said:
    Nanny state. Damm guvmint!!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Botch said:
    When it comes time to subscribe tell them it’s too expensive.  I keep getting trial offers for $99 for the year of the premium.  When it’s up call to cancel and dance again been doing this for a long time with great success. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    waiting to see a boston weatherman battling the elements as florence passes over
    fukahwee maine