Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit that is a beautiful pie. I'm gonna try the keto crust using almond flour etc soon.  just hesitating to spend the $ on almond flour until I'm ready to experiment.  Mrs. Jethro does the accounting around here, if you know what I mean.  She's quick to remind me that I have one double sided cabinet indoors filled with grilling toys, I mean tools, and rubs and other stuff and another outside double cabinet filled equally with unused stuff. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I blame @YukonRon beef tenderloin 
    Did you use the gun powder rub yet?
    I left it at @Jeremiah house.  He’s supposed to be mailing it to me ...
    Good luck.....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    About to throw some tri- tip on the grill and some taters in the oven. Ace was out of Rockwood and my options were Cowboy or Fogo. Easy choice I suppose. This stuff is huge.
    Fogo Rocks!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    I know I’ll get slaughtered for this, but I like Chris Colinsworh calling games!  
    Im firmly planted in the anti Joe Buck clan. 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I know I’ll get slaughtered for this, but I like Chris Colinsworh calling games!  

“Now here’s a guy that’s lost his mind” 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @theyolksonyou forgive me. Your box has been sitting on my countertop for a week. I suck. I’ll mail it tomorrow.  :|
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    YukonRon said:
    @theyolksonyou forgive me. Your box has been sitting on my countertop for a week. I suck. I’ll mail it tomorrow.  :|
    Not a big deal.  Just giving you the business 
  • thetrim
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Is that good on fried wings????
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    YukonRon said:
    Ain’t gonna kill him to wait a bit. D@mn pre-madonna  after he took the trophy. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    Options
    thetrim said:
    YukonRon said:
    Is that good on fried wings????
    There is another rub I left for pork and chicken that is very good too. I have used it on chops, and they turned out awesome.
    I have not tried them with wings yet, but I will this week.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Quick question for those of you with a newer vehicle: does it completely forego the oil dipstick??  To check my oil, I need to follow some instructions and then dive into the menus of my "Infotainment" system.... WTFF?!?!?!?

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL

Just. Dayum. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    Options
    Botch said:
    Quick question for those of you with a newer vehicle: does it completely forego the oil dipstick??  To check my oil, I need to follow some instructions and then dive into the menus of my "Infotainment" system.... WTFF?!?!?!?
    Wish I could help, but my '97 Ford has an entertainment center that was replaced immediately after purchase, and has since been outdated by 20 years.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TideEggHead
    Options
    Botch said:
    Sounds like some voodoo to me! I thought it was crazy when I had to help a buddy find his battery in a chevy traverse and it ended up being under the back seat. 2014 tundra still has the dip stick. I haven't heard of any vehicles without a oil dipstick as of yet.
    LBGE
    AL
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Botch said:
    That is correct, my BMW is the same. Time to read the owners manual...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    YukonRon said:
    Ain’t gonna kill him to wait a bit. D@mn pre-madonna  after he took the trophy. 
    I know I’m old, but Madonna was my highschool days.  Not pre-Madonna 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    swmbo bmws warranty and complimentary service just ran out. I know there is no dipstick but I will be servicing it from here on.  Youtube University.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Watching "Parts Unknown". This episode take him to Armenia.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Botch said:
    None on my BMW, 5 years old. This idea's been around a while.
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Botch said:
    None on my BMW, 5 years old. This idea's been around a while.
    @Botch nor on our vehicles and they are 11 and 5 years old. So no that dipstick has been gone from several makes of cars for a bit now.  This is not new. Missed by anyone who does not trust sensors (myself included) but not new. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Standing by awaiting deployment orders for Operation BBQ Relief. They keep bumping it out. Flooding is blocking access to affected areas.  Major section of I-95 is shut down.  Wilmington has no major roads open inbound nor outbound. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Botch said:
    my 2010 rover is the same, also needs a diagnostic tool to turn the maintenance light off and the same tool to turn on the tow harness wires. not sure what happens once the tow harness wires are engaged =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Back to the oil dip-stick deal:   I'm with @Sea2Ski here.  I get fuel tank sensors, not a major deal if it fails and you are stranded for a while.  Now engine oil is a different story:  If that goes south ... the next level of the TPMS system cuz we're too lazy (edit-or otherwise occupied) to pay attention to the important stuff.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Back to the oil dip-stick deal:   I'm with @Sea2Ski here.  I get fuel tank sensors, not a major deal if it fails and you are stranded for a while.  Now engine oil is a different story:  If that goes south ... the next level of the TPMS system cuz we're too lazy (edit-or otherwise occupied) to pay attention to the important stuff.  FWIW-
    if you want insanity, the rover has no dipstick, but part of the procedure with the video screen still has opening the hood to check on it. if the hood is not open you cant get into the proper maintenance screen =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    if you want insanity, the rover has no dipstick, but part of the procedure with the video screen still has opening the hood to check on it. if the hood is not open you cant get into the proper maintenance screen =)
    That's funny.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @milesvdustin good luck today. What line of work are you  in