Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Brave Deer On An Egghead's Lawn :OT

1voyager
1voyager Posts: 1,157
edited September 2018 in EggHead Forum
Even a 2XL wouldn't be big enough...

Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Nice couple of bucks there, bet they’re brothers.
    Jacksonville FL
  • 1voyager
    edited September 2018
    You're probably correct. We've seen several twins and triplets this season. Great weather and abundant food, including my lawn. Argh!!!

• One of them looks like he wants to come inside...

(Good thing you're in Colorado and not Tennessee, you'd have every redneck in the county shooting at your house for a chance at a deer that size)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Nice rack.
    Gittin' there...
  • 1voyager
    edited September 2018
    One of them looks like he wants to come inside...

(Good thing you're in Colorado and not Tennessee, you'd have every redneck in the county shooting at your house for a chance at a deer that size)
    Yep. They are fearless.

These bad boys are huge. An adult male mule deer runs anywhere from 200 - 300 pounds. There's a Remington 700 in my closet but we live within city limits. 
  • I would be remiss if I didn’t say, sausage party!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • 1voyager said:
    One of them looks like he wants to come inside...

Yep. They are fearless.

These bad boys are huge. An adult male mule deer runs anywhere from 200 - 300 pounds. There's a Remington 700 in my closet but we live within city limits. 
    Crossbow?
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    I’m all for the hunt but sniping in my lawn....nope. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • 1voyager
    edited September 2018
    @Dobie - I'm sure you know I'm joking. 

I would jump down from the deck with my trusty Benchmade.

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited September 2018
    Yo - @1voyager - fellow Colo guy here.

Are you John DePalma?  If not, he's taking credit for your stuff on IG...

If so, your IG targeting is working and nice images!
  • 1voyager
    My buddy has returned...

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Dig a big hole w some pungi sticks in the bottom.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Very cool sight there. They must know it's a safe spot. How far in the city limits are you that come in like that?
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Must be something in the air.  Getting ready to make a post. I love wildlife.  
    Every. Single. Thing. About. It. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Dobie said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought once a male deer has grown antlers they are out on their own! They only fight other males including their own brothers for the right to "service" the females in rut. Two males together make me wonder if these guys are light in their loafers. =) 

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • 1voyager
    edited September 2019
    @BugFreak72 - We live within the city limits of Colorado Springs but in a somewhat remote area. The  United States Air Force Academy is close to our property so there are hundreds (thousands?) of acres of dense forrest around us. 

We know this buck has "visited" us for three years if not longer. He limps and has road rash, probably because he had been hit by a car/truck. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    RRP said:
    Dobie said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought once a male deer has grown antlers they are out on their own! They only fight other males including their own brothers for the right to "service" the females in rut. Two males together make me wonder if these guys are light in their loafers. =) 

Negative. Not uncommon to see whitetails or mulies in “bachelor groups”. He’s still in velvet. Once the rut starts all bets are off though. We’ve got pics of 8-10 bucks in a group summertime thru early fall. We rut right at Thanksgiving. Let the fighting begin. That’s a damn fine deer there!