Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First post

Options
This is my first post.  Have 2 LBGE's.  Am in the process of building a new table for one and am looking for some woodworking advise.  Planning on using Kreg pocket hole screws so everything is hidden.  White oak 5/4 planed to 1"x4" for frame and 8/4 planed to 1-3/4"x4" for legs.  May double up the legs to enable screwing casters to the bottom.  Basic plan is from Naked Whiz with some modifications.  Have had to overcome issue with Kreg stainless fine thread screws not being available over 1-1/4" long by setting jig to 3/4" thick material setting per Kreg tech advise.  

Problem I have not overcome is how to attach legs to frame or frame to legs, since the Kreg screws that are recommended for outdoor use are Blue-Kote or Stainless, but they don't make fine thread in Blue-Kote and nothing over 1-1/4" long in stainless.

Suggestions?  Thanks in advance for help.  

Pictures are upper frame layout & lower frame with shelf layout.  Nothing attached yet.  First picture shows what leg section would be if I glue/screw (2) 1-3/4x4" pieces together.  Top will be leathered granite.  Top frame as laid out would be if I was putting an 18x18 granite slab & wood rather than granite for the entire top.

Comments