Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Problem reaching the mother ship/customer service.

Options
Curious if anyone had any suggestions about getting in touch with Bruce and or customer service? I sent an email last week and followed up with a call on Monday. Never heard back and then tried twice this week leaving a message with Bruce and sent another email. A little surprised as I see so many post how great the customer service is. I cannot even get a response. Certainly not trying to start a huge flaming thread. Love my egg and use 2-3 times a week. The dealer I bought my egg from switched to KJ. Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Danny71
    Danny71 Posts: 108
    Options
    I need to do a warranty on my mini max so I’m following your post for numbers and email 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I called Bruce and left him a vm last week sometime and never heard back. Maybe he is on vacation.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    Any other dealer can help you out.....doesn't have to be the one you bought it from.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
     After calling my dealer  to check up on the claim he suggested that I call headquarters... I don’t think they want to mess with it.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• saaben
    Options
    My Ace Hardware dealer provided the same experience. One trip to store and employee left a message with the girl that handles Green Egg. Never heard back. Called two days later she never got message. Explained the problem and she assured me she would check with corporate and call back. Never called me. Called next day and left message to have her call me back. Swung by store that Sat and talked to the same person and she acted like I never had called. My original store sells KJ now . Thought I could call corporate and talk to someone. Not a huge deal but certainly have spent a lot of time trying to resolve. I can buy an Egg today at store with no problem I just cannot get support on the product at this point. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Same story here... talking to the guy who handles the “big egg” stuff, can you check on my claim, “most people call big egg and have the parts shipped here or to their house”, ok I don’t think that’s how it works, “maybe they are having trouble because you didn’t buy it from this store”...  :s
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• flexfusion
    Options
    This is a pet peeve of mine and when we the customer is ignored by the home office things are right in the head shed.  Bruce and company need to be held responsible by corporate management.  If this ever happened, when I was in the corporate world one has some serious issues to deal with.  
    Auburn, Alabama
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited September 2018
    Options
    This is a pet peeve of mine and when we the customer is ignored by the home office things are right in the head shed.  Bruce and company need to be held responsible by corporate management.  If this ever happened, when I was in the corporate world one has some serious issues to deal with.  
    So when your truck breaks down do you call Ford in Detroit to get it fixed?  No, your take it to their DEALERS.  That's how/why BGE sells through a network and not direct.

BGE has a network of a dozen US distributors who handle the sales, support, and warranties from the thousands of dealers across the country.  The only thing the distributors have to get approved from HQ is dome and base replacements.....everything else is supposed to be handled from a local level.  If it's NOT, then yes you can call them or the distributor to complain or get referred to another dealer.

But going off on Bruce is completely uncalled for--he's a man of many hats and it's not his job to be handling every consumer issue that arises just because the dealer is failing (or the consumer doesn't want to go to the dealer.)  The distributor should be stepping in and handling it, not the manufacturer.  If both are blowing it, then yes, call BGE.....but probably better off complaining to Lou at the same time.  When you become a BGE distributor or dealer, there are some pretty strict guidelines you have to agree to--and taking care of warranty items is one of them!

It's rare, but sometime we get complaints that come in through our website.  People want a replacement bag.  No receipt and they're not willing to take the [allegedly] bad bag back to the store or pick one up at the store.  They just want a refund check or a free bag sent to them or they're going to leave nasty feedback.  Unfortunately scammers and the passive aggressive ruin our goodwill in those situations for everyone.
  • flexfusion
    Options
    Hey Jack, when the dealer network is collapsing or has collapsed what does the consumer do? Your attitude is not customer friendly at all!  Maybe you haven't ever been told where your pay check comes from.  It's not the dealers or distributors you refer to it guys and gals like me the customer who buys your product.  
    Auburn, Alabama
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hey Jack, when the dealer network is collapsing or has collapsed what does the consumer do? Your attitude is not customer friendly at all!  Maybe you haven't ever been told where your pay check comes from.  It's not the dealers or distributors you refer to it guys and gals like me the customer who buys your product.  
    Yes, and that's why big companies have dealer and distributors who each get a large margin or the profit.  Because the manufacturer is far too busy MANUFACTURING to deal with every consumer concern.  If the manufacturer does have a large customer service dept and handles consumer level issues, then why even have distributors and dealers (because your doing their job for them.)  Thus you get rid of one or both of those levels and try what Traeger and KJ did years ago--selling straight to the consumer or removing distributors.

I agree at some point you have to finally go to the manufacturer for support...…but blaming it all on Bruce is a pretty crappy thing do because of one dealer.

We had somebody here out a dealer in FL who was charging a "processing fee" for warranty claims.  It got reported to the distributor and that crap was over.  So, was that BGE's fault too?
  • flexfusion
    Options
    Man up, corporate needs to  appreciate the consumer a whole lot more than they do.  Don't complain to the consumer about the lack of a good customer service network at BGE. I have read way too many posts about BGE forum people being ignored when they call the home office.  You should know that's very poor way to run business.  The longer y'all ignore us out here the more KJ's they will sell.  
    Auburn, Alabama
  • 510BG
    510BG Posts: 189
    Options
    BGE corp is trash. I don't see any incentive for a dealer that didn't make the original egg sale to help out a random egg owner. Sure they might buy an accessory or another egg down the road. Chances are slim. 
  • saaben
    Options
    When calling Mother ship the voicemail replies to leave a message for Bruce and then he provides his email address. After leaving messages and sending emails I have not heard back from anyone. The dealer I bought from does not sell them anymore and I feel as though I had certainly tried to work with my local Ace Hardware but when do you recognize they do not seem to be that motivated to help as I tried 4 times and never even got a call back. Today there was a story on my Facebook feed about a customer who was an older veteran who had DROPPED the base of his egg. They had tried to borrow a base from someone in customer service when all of a sudden corporate heard about it and warrantied the base. 30 post replied how great the customer service was and is with Egg. I left a similar post as to what I was experiencing on that thread and quickly removed as I did not want to "hijack" their thread. I cannot get anyone to call back or even answer an email. I bought the Egg in 2015 so I still have another 2 years for the warranty to be valid, looks like I may need that time. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    510BG said:
    BGE corp is trash. I don't see any incentive for a dealer that didn't make the original egg sale to help out a random egg owner. Sure they might buy an accessory or another egg down the road. Chances are slim. 
    Um, the dealer I didn't buy my XXL from handled the warranty claim for my cracked base with no questions and in a rather timely manner.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    BGE headquarters gives great customer service, ONCE you get in touch with someone. The getting in touch with them part has been bad for at least 15 years. You do need to start with a local dealer. Sounds like you did, and are dealing with someone who does not care, or is clueless. Is there another local dealer that you can try?
  • CornfedMA
    Options
    Hearing about this stuff makes me dread my first warranty claim experience. I’ve got a couple XL’s and have moved away from the dealer I bought them from. My new area is an absolute dealer wasteland. I had to buy a new platesetter and the local dealer looked at me like I had an arm growing out of my a$$ when I asked for one. After explaining that I needed a “conveggtor” and pointing the piece out in one of the display eggs, the woman that handles the BGE stuff spent a little time banging away on her keyboard, turned the monitor around so I could see it and said “I think you can buy one on amazon, but they’re expensive.” Bottom line, I hope I NEVER need warranty support. 
  • 510BG
    Options
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    Um, the dealer I didn't buy my XXL from handled the warranty claim for my cracked base with no questions and in a rather timely manner.
    Consider yourself lucky. 
  • DMW
    Options
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    Consider yourself lucky. 
    So blame your dealer(s), not BGE corp. Direct service isn't their model, unless you live nearby BGE HQ.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • 510BG
    edited September 2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    Consider yourself lucky. 
    So blame your dealer(s), not BGE corp. Direct service isn't their model, unless you live nearby BGE HQ.
    If you don't have any dealers that will provide service what other options does one have ? Blame BGE corp for letting anyone be a dealer. 
  • DMW
    Options
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    Consider yourself lucky. 
    If you don't have any dealers in that will provide service what other options does one have ? Blame BGE corp for letting anyone be a dealer. 
    Where are you located? Maybe we can help you find a better dealer?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• 510BG
    Options
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    Consider yourself lucky. 
    If you don't have any dealers in that will provide service what other options does one have ? Blame BGE corp for letting anyone be a dealer. 
    Im speaking in general terms seems like a couple of people in this thread are having issues. I've tried to contact BGE corp in the past with no success. Sent emails left messsges nothing. 
  • DMW
    Options
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    Consider yourself lucky. 
    Im speaking in general terms seems like a couple of people in this thread are having issues. I've tried to contact BGE corp in the past with no success. Sent emails left messsges nothing. 
    I'm trying to help in non-general, specific terms. If you are anywhere near south-central PA, Meadow Creek BBQ Supply (https://www.meadowcreekbbqsupply.com/) is an outstanding BGE dealer that offers superb customer service.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    Options
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    Consider yourself lucky. 
    OK, I just casually browsed (trolled) the discussions you have started on the forum and have deduced you may be in the Bay Area. If so, check in with "Eggs by the Bay" http://www.eggsbythebay.com/home-page.html
    Smitty is a good dude, and I'm sure he'll take care of you.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• 510BG
    edited September 2018
    Options
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    Consider yourself lucky. 
    OK, I just casually browsed (trolled) the discussions you have started on the forum and have deduced you may be in the Bay Area. If so, check in with "Eggs by the Bay" http://www.eggsbythebay.com/home-page.html
    I am from the bay. Eggs by the bay is somewhat far from where I live. I do appreciate you taking the time to search. If only BGE corp was as helpful as some of the members on this forum. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
       I am used to jumping through hoops to get things that are promised, it seems like everywhere I turn I have to fight for warranty or to get people to follow through etc. just like the roofing thread. @gulfcoastguy
       I know Bruce is busy and I can’t imagine how many calls he gets in a day. It is the job of the dealer to handle warranty claims. 
      It is the job of the distributor as long as bge uses them to train the dealers to property handle claims.  
     I worked for a garden center that sold various ope, outdoor power equipment, and every winter each manufacturers distributor would put some of our employees through a class.  It covered new equipment, warranty procedures etc.

I don’t know if bge distributors do this in the off season but it would be nice if someone who deals with the customer was familiar with the warranty process. If just one employee actually cared about the customer who was sold on a lifetime warranty.

Like I said I am used to fighting for what I paid for so worry not! I will get off my soap box now 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DMW
    Options
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    DMW said:
    510BG said:
    Consider yourself lucky. 
    I am from the bay. Eggs by the bay is somewhat far from where I live. I do appreciate you taking the time to search. If only BGE corp was as helpful as some of the members on this forum. 
    Call him, then send pics. The round-trip drive will be worth getting your egg back in shape. I know driving around there is a major PITA, but on occasion I commute from PA to NYC, it can be done.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• saaben
    Options
    I do live very close to the Mother ship ( Live in Cumming, GA and work in Buckhead). I have no issues going down there to get an item warrantied but sure do not want to show up there on a Sat morning unannounced. Atlanta traffic is never good and I tend to try to avoid just popping in. If anyone called me back and said "sure just come one down with your receipt" that would be great but assuming that is another story. I am probably an hour away with traffic. Thanks to all that replied. Love my egg and have for years.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    You can just show up unannounced at HQ with pictures of your issue.  They will give you a replacement part with no hassle.  I did so for a broken XL fire ring on a Saturday morning last year.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Follow up call to the dealer this am, week 3.  "your warranty is approved just waiting on the piece now"  Sweet! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    edited September 2018
    Options
    nothing against their product but ultimately they are responsible for their distribution network.  If Lexus or BMW had inconsistent experiences with their Nationwide dealers, they would not succeed nor deserve to.  I bought a Toyota and moved across the country and my 2 years of free maintenance and oil changes transferred to my local dealer without a hitch (yes different from a warranty but you get the idea).   Why does bge get a pass on this concept?  And maybe dealers themselves don't like how BGE treats them, who knows?  Customer service is a tricky animal, but if you go into a business that is CE oriented then own up or sell the company off to some venture capital firm ;)