Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Shepherd's Pie

Options
SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
edited September 2018 in EggHead Forum
Another good use of leftover Brisket. This was the best thing I have eaten in several months. 

Loosely based on this recipeConfession on the mashed potatoes- doctored up with cream cheese, sour cream, jalapenos.  We put the cheese on top and sprinkled some BBQ rub on top of that. 

Pics in random vanilla order. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    That looks great! Love me some shepherds pie
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks great. Thanks for the reminder. Haven't done one of those in ages.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    May do that for supper one day this week. Too hot in here today with my AC on the fritz. Hopefully they will get the part in and get it fixed this evening but I'm not firing up the oven or any other eat producing device until the AC is workign again.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Just want to clear up a misconception. This is really a cottage pie as it uses beef. Though this is a very common recipe. And they way I prefer it cooked.

True Shepherd's Pie is done with lamb.

That is your trivia lesson for today.  =)
    MiniMax 04/17

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I'd hit that! Nice @SmokeyPitt

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    May do that for supper one day this week. Too hot in here today with my AC on the fritz. Hopefully they will get the part in and get it fixed this evening but I'm not firing up the oven or any other eat producing device until the AC is workign again.

I think this would be great cooked on the egg. I actually thought about cooking it on the large but I was lazy and used the oven. My A/C was working so I opted to not have to go outside :P

Just want to clear up a misconception. This is really a cottage pie as it uses beef. Though this is a very common recipe. And they way I prefer it cooked.

True Shepherd's Pie is done with lamb.

That is your trivia lesson for today.  =)
    You are correct sir. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    beef is usually cottage pie but i think the cheese bumps it up to cumberland pie.  im just not sure =) 
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SmokeyPitt
    edited September 2018
    Options
    beef is usually cottage pie but i think the cheese bumps it up to cumberland pie.  im just not sure =) 
    I think you may be right. Maybe I should just call it Smokey's Brisket Tater Casserole

• SmokeyPitt
    Options
    I wanted to add that the Franklin's Espresso Sauce is excellent, but it is even better if you heat it on the stove and allow it to reduce/thicken. Picture from leftover leftovers from lunch today. I cropped out the fork. 

• TideEggHead
    Options
    Man that looks killer! Well done.
    LBGE
    AL
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
    outstanding looks killer

Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    That is one dynamite cook! Looks great.
    Stillwater, MN
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That’s the best thing I’ve imagined in several months!  Killer.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    This sounded so good and I had brisket left from last Saturday's cook so I made this today. Used the same recipe as @SmokeyPitt and the only change I made was to add about 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce. I also added the broccoli that the recipe called for even though I don't really care for broccoli. It turned out delicious. Great way to use up some leftover smoked brisket 

MiniMax 04/17

• SmokeyPitt
    Options
    This sounded so good and I had brisket left from last Saturday's cook so I made this today. Used the same recipe as @SmokeyPitt and the only change I made was to add about 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce. I also added the broccoli that the recipe called for even though I don't really care for broccoli. It turned out delicious. Great way to use up some leftover smoked brisket 
    Awesome man! Yours looks great. Worcestershsirerschire is always a great call with beef. 

My youngest just finished up the last of the leftover leftovers for dinner tonight. She ate it 3 nights in a row. 

• SaintJohnsEgger
    Options
    Awesome man! Yours looks great. Worcestershsirerschire is always a great call with beef. 

My youngest just finished up the last of the leftover leftovers for dinner tonight. She ate it 3 nights in a row. 
    I also did a small round one that I sent home with my daughter. The leftovers are mine for tomorrow. :)
    MiniMax 04/17