Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick ideas for Chicken Wings

Options
wsas wanting to give wings a shot, do I need to let them dry overnight or can I do this tonight?
XL BGE, Vermont Castings gasser

Texan that lives in Winston Salem, NC

God, Family, Texas Football         We Don’t Rent Pigs

Comments

• ChrisgrillsSTLMO
    Options
    I think either is fine. Go ahead and do them tonight if you want them tonight. I think the biggest things is how long you marinade them or put rub on before you cook them. Moisture will come out as they cook, your level of desired skin crunch will determine time on grill. I am by no means the expert but that is my $0.02. Best of luck!

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • Kent8621
    Options
    use some light corn starch to dry them same day, I do salt overnight for mine to dry.  the wing experts will start jumping in but you can dust with corn starch, a rub or just salt and pepper, grill at 275-300 indirect, pull around 160ish IT, sauce and then grill direct for a minute or two to each side to char them and serve.  No one has ever complained with that at my house.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Depends on what end result you are shooting for ---Some dry overnight to get a crispy skin---I just cook them when I want............OR go SV for a few hours freeze for later ...toss them on the grill for a few whenever you want some 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Like others have said, just roll with them tonight if you want them tonight. I do the dusting of cornstarch/all purpose rub (salt/pepper/garlic) indirect around 300 until crispy which is usually around 30 Mins a side, toss in sauce (you can put them back on the grill, but I don’t since I like a messy wing) and you’re good to go. 

Enjoy them wangs!
  • 11Longhorns11
    Options
    Thank y’all, I think I’m going for the win-win tonight and tomorrow. Try a few things. I appreciate the input.
    XL BGE, Vermont Castings gasser

Texan that lives in Winston Salem, NC

God, Family, Texas Football         We Don’t Rent Pigs