Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking to buy a Mini Max...

Audi40
Audi40 Posts: 1
edited December 2017 in Pre-Sale Questions
Anyone in the Chicagoland area selling a Mini max? I have a large BGE and looking to add  something smaller for two people. Can email at forteaj@comcast.net thank you...

Comments

• No lunch?
    XL BGE, Imperial Kamado, brinkman gasser, Taco Cart griddle 
    (Wishlist- BGE M-Max)

Santa Ana, Ca 
  • I am in Florida and my MiniMax isn't for sale so I can't help you there.

But I wanted to congratulate you on the decision to add a MM to your stable. After a little practice with it you won't regret it. The MM is my favorite egg. Quick an easy to prep. Quick to temp and easy to control the temp. Cleanup is a breeze. And with the right grid setup you can do just about anything the other sizes can do; just not as much protein. But how often do you need to do 6 butts or 8 racks of ribs? That's what the Large is for.

I sincerely hope you (and @714egghead) get a MiniMax soon.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Please do not rule out a Mini. I have both Mini and MiniMax and us the Mini way more than the MM. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Mini could be a good option but it just seems a little too small for me. Its amazing how much difference the extra 3" on the grate make in the MiniMax.
    MiniMax 04/17

• Looked at one today while at Ace...was on a stand and all the good stuff that went with it....$950.00 :open_mouth:
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    The MM size is nice when doing smaller cooks for sure. With that said, I don't have the MM but picked up the Joe Jr. before the MM was out. I, too, have the Mini and its good as well, but too small to take camping (depending on what you're cooking). Its a good size unit to add to your stable. Now that all of my kids have left the house, we don't use the BGE XL much anymore... the medium is my go to for tri-tips or smaller meals for momma and I.... The MM would work just as well.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Another vote for. MM.... Love my medium too
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    BobDanger said:
    Looked at one today while at Ace...was on a stand and all the good stuff that went with it....$950.00 :open_mouth:
    Yow... ya, 950.00's a lot! Glad I bought mine when I did   ;)   The good news is they will last a lifetime if you take care of them!!

XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    @Audi40, no harm in asking as you never know, but you might want to check Craig's List to further your chances. Also if you can travel a little you might be able to pick up one at an Eggfest for less money, but also carry that hard to pass up lifetime warranty on the ceramic parts. Breakage isn't a what if issue, but when it happens issue and buying cheap now can bite you in the future!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    @Audi40 another thought is looking for a small. A M/M is a small with the base shortened. Granted the M/M has a cute little stand. It's also the latest sweetheart which appeals to some eggers,  but the small is now the forgotten stepchild. You might even be able to talk a dealer down who wants to move it! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BobDanger said:
    Looked at one today while at Ace...was on a stand and all the good stuff that went with it....$950.00 :open_mouth:
    The time to buy one is at an Eggfest. I paid $379 for mine at the Sunshine State Eggfest last year. 
    MiniMax 04/17

• RRP said:
    @Audi40 another thought is looking for a small. A M/M is a small with the base shortened. Granted the M/M has a cute little stand. It's also the latest sweetheart which appeals to some eggers,  but the small is now the forgotten stepchild. You might even be able to talk a dealer down who wants to move it! 
    hope that's still the price.
    XL BGE, Imperial Kamado, brinkman gasser, Taco Cart griddle 
    (Wishlist- BGE M-Max)

Santa Ana, Ca 
  • Chargers
    Chargers Posts: 2
    Wondering if anyone has the Eggerator that fits the mini max? Do you like it and what is the measurement of the top of the mini max or the Eggulator?
     Thanks 
  • RRP said:
    Love the small!  It is definitely my favorite and most used Egg.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 364
    Medium!!!!! Perfect for two people. 
  • Terpderpitude
    Terpderpitude Posts: 200
    edited June 2022
    I bet @Audi40 is really glad to get all this helpful feedback four and half years after starting the thread and leaving the forum.
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    Chargers said:
    Wondering if anyone has the Eggerator that fits the mini max? Do you like it and what is the measurement of the top of the mini max or the Eggulator?
     Thanks 
    Do you mean the reggulator top? I don’t have the measurement, but I love it. I have them on all my eggs, except the mini since they don’t have one for it (last I checked). The mini max and small use the same reggulator size. 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I put a rEGGulator on my used Mini-Max.  The dealer had two sizes, small and large.  The Egg sizes are shown on the box as to which one fits which eggs.  Obviously, the small one fits the Mini-Max.

There are green circles on the boxes that show which egg it is for.  I couldn't find a picture of the rEGGulator for the Mini-Max, but here is the one for the other eggs from 2XL down to Medium.  Don't buy this one for your Mini-Max.  You want one with a S and MX on it.

Clinton, Iowa
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,183
    edited June 2022
    Mr1egg said:
    I used my used Med and bought a Large and a MiniMax, but I still miss that Med dearly. #bestperformerofthelineup

Edit: For the record, I love the MMX too. But speaking strictly performance; the Med is in a league of its own. 
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    I love my MiniMax as it complements the large.  Cooked a few burgers on it tonight. Father’s Day had both of them going simultaneously with different items on each. Love the setup and versatility.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    I have a Large and Medium for home. The MM is in the camper.  Fun to play around with while camping.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    FWIW: last time I checked, the cost for a MM and a Med was under $50
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited June 2022
    loco_engr said:
    FWIW: last time I checked, the cost for a MM and a Med was under $50
    Can you grab me a dozen of each please.
    Just joking with you Dan.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 917
    Mr1egg said:
    I used my used Med and bought a Large and a MiniMax, but I still miss that Med dearly. #bestperformerofthelineup

Edit: For the record, I love the MMX too. But speaking strictly performance; the Med is in a league of its own. 
    All I have is a medium and I've been using it for over 20 years now. It's just me and the fuzzy little misses StumpBaby here now and it's perfect size for two, but also can crank a lot of food out for the occasional larger crowd. I used to stack it up a lot when the kids were here, most commonly a full brisket on bottom and pork butt on rack over that. Tight, but it worked out well. Think a large would be too big for just us, but I wouldn't want to go smaller than my medium either. 

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    I see really cheap smalls on FB MP time to time.  I wouldn't pass on a good deal on one of those if you're looking for something smaller 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    If only it were 2017 again…
  • Mr_D
    Mr_D Posts: 18
    I have a Med and cook for two so it's a perfect size. I want to add a XL for larger cooks when guests are around. 
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    If you have a large you will be pleased with a MM,small or medium to go with your large. Any one of the 3 will be a good addition. 
  • My dudes the OP has left the building a long time ago.