Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Demo Egg / Good Package?

Hello,

Looking to re-join the egg community, does this appear to be a decent deal or what would be a good offer?

Comments

• mjfutures
    mjfutures Posts: 53
    Posted this in wrong section, but can't seem to delete it. :/
  • The demo packages for used eggs this size at Eggtoberfest (ATL) go for 795. Food for thought. 
  • 714egghead
    714egghead Posts: 111
    The demo packages for used eggs this size at Eggtoberfest (ATL) go for 795. Food for thought. 

anything out this way in cali?
    XL BGE, Imperial Kamado, brinkman gasser, Taco Cart griddle 
    (Wishlist- BGE M-Max)

Santa Ana, Ca 
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    The demo packages for used eggs this size at Eggtoberfest (ATL) go for 795. Food for thought. 

anything out this way in cali?
    SoCal Eggfest in Upland is probably your closest fest but that was in April.  San Diego has a fest in Chula Vista (was in June).  Up in NorCal is the Eggs By the Bay fest (June).
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    That has way more than the usual eggfest pkg.  It’s a good deal. 
    The Eggtoberfest package...
    • EGG demo packages are available for purchase for $795 (including tax). These EGGs have been used only at EGGtoberfest. Demo EGG Packages DO NOT include EGGtoberfest Tickets. EGGtoberfest Tickets must be purchased separately. You do not need an EGGtoberfest Ticket if you are arriving after 5:30 and only picking up a Demo EGG.
    • EACH DEMO PACKAGE includes a Large Big Green Egg, intEGGrated Nest + Handler*, rEGGulator*, convEGGtor, Grill Gripper, Ash Tool, 1 Box of Fire Starters and a 10 lb. bag of Big Green Egg Lump Charcoal.

No idea what's out west.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
     COST @ mothership is drastically less than 800 miles away. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    I bought my large BGE at an Eggfest as a demo and it was a couple hundred less (a few years ago), but did not include the shelves, nest or nest handler. I think that's a reasonable good price, but I would definitely get a quote for new in the area because prices can vary.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Powak
    Powak Posts: 1,391
    When you buy a demo do you get the warranty?
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Powak said:
    When you buy a demo do you get the warranty?
    Yes
  • BugFreak72
    BugFreak72 Posts: 246
    Unless I'm mistaken a demo egg around here is much less. I'm pretty sure that is retail or darn close. Where are you located?
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    If that is the best price you can find on an egg then I would be looking here.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg.