Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket leftovers

Options
i know chili is a popular way to use leftover brisket, but what’s everyone’s go to for leftovers?
I'm in Fredericksburg, VA, and I have an XL and a medium. 

Comments

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    edited August 2018
    Options
    chopped brisket sandwiches?  Tonight, we had a hunk of brisket I pulled out of the freezer from sometime back in June.  I thawed it, and then sliced it.  To heat, I have a CI griddle/grate that I heated really hot, placed the brisket on the griddle, squirted a bit of water and covered with a cloche (you can use the lid of a wok as a cloche) for less than 2 minutes, just enough to get it hot.  It was as good as it was when it came off of the Egg and really juicy... but most of all... TASTY!!!!  Served with baked potato, corn on the cob and fresh, homegrown tomatoes. 
  • onedbguru
    Options
    It also makes killer baked beans. quesadillas and tacos.   
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    I’ve made enchiladas that were really good.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    brisket and red onion pizza - using 25% barbecue sauce mixed with 75% pizza sauce.

And on nachos.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    Tacos, nachos, chili, breakfast with eggs, in an omelette, on a salad, etc etc.  
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    brisket and red onion pizza - using 25% barbecue sauce mixed with 75% pizza sauce.

And on nachos.
    It was right in front of my face and I didn’t see it. Lol
    i always make pulled pork pizza thesame way. 
    Thanks!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Simple brisket tacos are great. 
  • theeggcellentchef
    Options
    Brisket cheesesteak!  Chop up the meat in frying pan add some fried onions and melt some American cheese on top and you’ve got a great sandwich. 
  • onedbguru
    Options
    Brisket cheesesteak!  Chop up the meat in frying pan add some fried onions and melt some American cheese on top and you’ve got a great sandwich. 

Uh, that should be either provolone or CheezeWhiz. 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Skrullb said:
    Foghorn said:

And on nachos.
    It was right in front of my face and I didn’t see it. Lol
    i always make pulled pork pizza thesame way. 
    Thanks!
    Best pizza I've ever made.   You're welcome.  Enjoy - and pay it forward.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Skrullb
    Options
    Made the brisket tacos. Fantastic. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Next time use as the main filler for ABT's.  You will be the star of the show.  Chop how much you think you need, then into a blender to get nice and fine, mix with melted habanero cheese for the easily workable stuffing.  Load, bacon wrap and go.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Those look outstanding.

San Antonio, TX

• Skrullb
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Next time use as the main filler for ABT's.  You will be the star of the show.  Chop how much you think you need, then into a blender to get nice and fine, mix with melted habanero cheese for the easily workable stuffing.  Load, bacon wrap and go.  FWIW-
    You just blew my mind. 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Skrullb said:
    lousubcap said:
    You just blew my mind. 
    Yep. I’ve helped a competition team do this with 2 parts shredded brisket to 1 part cream cheese. Then glaze them with Costco’s raspberry chipotle glaze. They got 5th place out of 300 teams.  Among the best bites of food I’ve ever had. 

San Antonio, TX

• Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    we always do brisket nachos.  chop the brisket up sauté in butter to heat it up.  we lay chips out, cover with melted cheese, brisket, onion corn and whatever you want, then top with shredded cheese and bake.  top with some cilantro and eat.

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• Foghorn
    Options
    Kent8621 said:
    we always do brisket nachos.  chop the brisket up sauté in butter to heat it up.  we lay chips out, cover with melted cheese, brisket, onion corn and whatever you want, then top with shredded cheese and bake.  top with some cilantro and eat.
    Do you ship?  Or do I have to drive by your front door to pick up a couple of orders?

San Antonio, TX

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited August 2018
    Options

I just consider that it's just beef, and go from there.

Any LO's can go in 'anything' and since it's brisket, the 'anything' will only get better! 

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!