Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hotel in the Netherlands uses BGE’s

Options
I’m on a business trip in Middelburg, Netherlands and the magazine for my hotel has an article about them using BGE’s to prepare food for the hotel restaurant.  They also mention using these https://bastard.nl/  , which seem to be BGE knockoffs, even down to the DFMT. 

Found it interesting, so thought I’d share. 

Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s

Comments

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Dat is echt gaaf!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Haven’t seen too many commercial applications...nice to have a little taste of home while you’re on the road. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Time for guest chef appearance. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Haven’t seen too many commercial applications...nice to have a little taste of home while you’re on the road. 
    We used our first egg commercially a little bit and there is a place here in Austin (Cabo Bobs) that does tacos and burritos with egged meat. Haven't seen too many outside of that but it pops up every once in while 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,518
    Options
    BGE Lifestyle magazines feature chefs and restaurants that use BGE.
    https://biggreenegg.com/publications/
    canuckland
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    My niece has taught English at an "American" high school in The Netherlands for the past 25 years. Just down the street from her home is a butcher shop which also sells BGEs and related merchandise. A few years ago she attended an Eggfest he sponsored. Unlike here the only people who could cook were established local chefs. She said it was a business venture with competition and wasn't something she cared to go to again.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    You see eggs at Atlanta restaurants all the time. It’s part of the local culture. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    SSQUAL612 said:
    We used our first egg commercially a little bit and there is a place here in Austin (Cabo Bobs) that does tacos and burritos with egged meat. Haven't seen too many outside of that but it pops up every once in while 
    With the trend of Chefs doing pop-up restaurants/appearances on the road it (the egg) could be a useful tool. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    Eggheads at Carbonella Creations, 1169 N Circle Dr. in Colorado Springs, CO use BGE's in their restaurant.
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009