Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Raging River Salmon on the MiniMax

Options
SamIAm2
SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
Went grocery shopping this morning and SWMBO requested Salmon for dinner. I was not really paying attention and picked up her least favorite wild salmon, 2.5 pounds of Keta/DogFish as it is known evidently in Alaska. Wife sort of turned her nose up at the Keta as she said it was a very bland salmon and did not care for it at all. Well, I like a challenge so I decided to cut the fillet in half, brine for a half hour and cook hers with the seasoning she likes and mine pretty close to https://chefjjs.com/dizzy_salmon.html version, just using Dizzy Raging River instead. Since I had cut the fillet in half I made the challenge a little more interesting by cooking it on the Minimax. I used apple wood for smoking.
A little crowded but they fit. Wife's piece has butter, salt and pepper, and lime juice. Cooked at 225 degrees for about 28 minutes. Checked it with a fork to see if it flaked and it was not ready. Gave it another 28 minutes and let the egg go to 300 degrees. Kept rotating the grate every 5 minutes to even out the temp on these large pieces. Pulled and plated.
SWMBO commented she really liked the smoked flavor of the fish as she devoured about half of her piece, which is more than she usually eats of any type of salmon. Jasmine rice and wax beans for sides. The leftovers are going to become salmon salad sandwiches on toast later this week. Thanks for looking.
Ubi panis, ibi patria.
Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.

Comments