Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cabin time!

Options
I'm a little slow to post, but this is all from a couple weeks ago.  I have a good buddy that works for a private university around these parts.  I believe in the 1940's, Thetford lodge was built by former OR governor Charles Sprague.  In 1963 he gave it to Willamette University and it's now available to faculty/student groups.  About once a year my buddy gets it for a couple nights and we head out there to drink, eat, drink, play music, swim, drink, and generally get away from everything.  It is wonderfully out of the reach of cell phone and tv reception.
 Here she is in all her dated glory:

Poured a drink, and got the KJ Jr. setup.

Fired off pizzas first.

Had some ribs to do as well.

After that, things get a little fuzzy.  I had a bunch of flank steak and chicken prepped for fajitas, but this happened instead.

After that, documentation of the weekend shockingly ceased.  Regardless, it's always a great time with some top notch fellas and I look forward to it every year.

Large BGE & mini stepchild & a KJ Jr.
The damp PNW 

Comments