Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: RTIC Kamado Grill

Options
12346»

Comments

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Saw this in Costco. Cooking grate is about the same size as a LBGE. The ceramic might be a little thicker than on my BGE. This comes with everything including a multi-level cooking grid. Let's see RTIC get to half that price.

The lid and latch on the Costco one is no bueno.
    Why do you say that? The bigger lid allows for a full size raised grate way up in the dome. And that's not a latch, it's a spring piston to prevent the lid from slamming down. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Toxarch said:
    Saw this in Costco. Cooking grate is about the same size as a LBGE. The ceramic might be a little thicker than on my BGE. This comes with everything including a multi-level cooking grid. Let's see RTIC get to half that price.

Why do you say that? The bigger lid allows for a full size raised grate way up in the dome. And that's not a latch, it's a spring piston to prevent the lid from slamming down. 
    Had the same question. The "latch" is a damper that is also used on the Vision kamados. Not sure what is no good with the lid/dome.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    edited July 2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Toxarch said:
    Toxarch said:

Had the same question. The "latch" is a damper that is also used on the Vision kamados. Not sure what is no good with the lid/dome.
     The one I tried had a wobbly lid when open and the damper kept it from closing all the way.  The lid seemed shallow too.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I wonder if it can boil water better than the egg.
    I have to admit that I've personally never seen anyone actually attempt to boil water on an Egg, so I'm not convinced it can be done.  If RTIC can show a video demonstration of that, I bet their smokers will sell like hot cakes.  
    Didnt attempt to boil water but used  MM woo setup to boil oil for french fries.  Excellent results
     Rockwood, Royal Oak, Western, Frontier, or Cowboy lump?
    That was mesquite harvested from one of my trees....

Havent gotten retort going yet but am oh so close....
  • WesJohnson
    WesJohnson Posts: 130
    Options
    Dong is rightt, was a mistake. Meant to hit the dickhead button.
    Wes - Have you paid @RRP yet?!

Well I have every intention of paying Ronda, but he wont respond to my emals. 
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was.