Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Meatza Night

Options
Gorgeous night for a pizza cook, some brown water and the Sox. SWMBO wanted a taco pizza. I’m trying to chill out on the carbs so I decided to make a “”meatza.” Hers was seasoned burger, jalapenos, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro and a drizzle of sriracha.

Made the meatza crust with a 50/50 mix of Italian sausage and ground pork. On the egg at about 500 for 15 mins, pulled, and added toppings. Cranked the egg to 650-700 and put the wife’s pie on, followed by the meatza. The taco pizza was probably my best pizza effort yet and I’d definitely do the meatza again. I’d just add more seasoning to the “crust.”

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

looks great

Phoenix 
  • JNDATHP
    JNDATHP Posts: 461
    Options
    I’m going to try your meatza. Like you, I have to watch the carbs while my wife seems to be able to eat what she wants and never gains weight. 
    Michael
    Large BGE
    Reno, NV
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    Options
     I to try to watch my carbs which is why I have not done pizza on the egg yet I am afraid I’m going to love it but meatza now that’s a different story thanks for sharing might have just changed my world 
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,735
    Options
    Nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,543
    Options
    Excellent!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • DFW
    DFW Posts: 208
    Options
    Man, haven't made a Meatza in ages...but the wife and I are doing the LC thing again, so it's definitely time to fire up the Egg for one!  Thanks for the reminder!
    Arlington, TX
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice setup and cook.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Looks like a fine place hang. Only thing missing is an old dog. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    CornfedMA said:
    Gorgeous night for a pizza cook, some brown water and the Sox. SWMBO wanted a taco pizza. I’m trying to chill out on the carbs so I decided to make a “”meatza.” Hers was seasoned burger, jalapenos, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro and a drizzle of sriracha.

Made the meatza crust with a 50/50 mix of Italian sausage and ground pork. On the egg at about 500 for 15 mins, pulled, and added toppings. Cranked the egg to 650-700 and put the wife’s pie on, followed by the meatza. The taco pizza was probably my best pizza effort yet and I’d definitely do the meatza again. I’d just add more seasoning to the “crust.”

Beautiful pie and play zone!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    Looks like a fine place hang. Only thing missing is an old dog. 
    They dogs are around, just not old yet. The yellow is my 3 yr old hunting dog. The chocolate is a yr old that acts like he’s 8. Puts his ass on the ground every chance he gets! They both love hanging on the patio.

• NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Good lookin’ pies, good lookin’ dogs. Go Sox!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle