Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I wish there was an easier way to share this with my folks on this forum, but there is no way.
    First, I will say this, I love our daughter and I am so very proud of her.
    As many of you know, and for those that do not, I effin hated her ex fiancee, of which she eventually broke off their engagement. It was a brutal decision for her, and I have been doing the happy dance since that night.
    Long story, and I will keep it short. He was careless, dangerous, and totally self centered.
    Today he was arrested for a hit and run, which killed a very young woman.
    This is why you are a parent, this is why you have to step in, to keep this from happening to your children.
    Our daughter is struggling, My Beautiful Wife is heartbroken.
    I can't imagine what the deceased's family is feeling now, nor can I imagine what his family is going through. They are good people and devout to their faith.
    I am so proud of my daughter for listening to me, I am so glad she made up her own mind. We were lucky. Very lucky.
    It is ok to interfere. We are parents. We do our job.
    Wow. In a sad way, she has learned a hard lesson today. You want be able to influence them much longer as the enter adulthood. The difference is they will come seeking advice when they want it. You just gained a lot of cred. Sorry, didn’t mean to move away from the tradegy....still hard to wrap your mind around I am sure. Prayers for all!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    For those who abide:

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,654
    Options
    Wow what a dirt bag. Good eye. Best wishes to you and your family keep up the good work.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    For those who abide:

We actually celebrated this with a viewing party on March 6 this year....

Good to see it will make the big screen again! 

Rev. Rick of the Holy Church of Dudeness
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I wish there was an easier way to share this with my folks on this forum, but there is no way.
    First, I will say this, I love our daughter and I am so very proud of her.
    As many of you know, and for those that do not, I effin hated her ex fiancee, of which she eventually broke off their engagement. It was a brutal decision for her, and I have been doing the happy dance since that night.
    Long story, and I will keep it short. He was careless, dangerous, and totally self centered.
    Today he was arrested for a hit and run, which killed a very young woman.
    This is why you are a parent, this is why you have to step in, to keep this from happening to your children.
    Our daughter is struggling, My Beautiful Wife is heartbroken.
    I can't imagine what the deceased's family is feeling now, nor can I imagine what his family is going through. They are good people and devout to their faith.
    I am so proud of my daughter for listening to me, I am so glad she made up her own mind. We were lucky. Very lucky.
    It is ok to interfere. We are parents. We do our job.
    Parenting is the hardest thing I've ever wanted to be good at. I have two daughters with one in a similar fiance situation. Sounds like your daughter has an awesome mom and dad. She will get through this because of you guys.  
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited July 2018
    Options
    About to blast off. Made a big batch of cold brew coffee and hello caffeine buzz. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Just dumped about 5lbs. of.....god only knows out of my keyboard.   :o

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Company meeting had an open bar. That’s like putting out nachos and salsa at a Mexican restaurant. 
    I’ve had some great times sh!tfaced with coworkers. 
    Yeah. The owner’s dad was there. Tomorrow I’m either getting a new store or just fired. 

Well which is it?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Company meeting had an open bar. That’s like putting out nachos and salsa at a Mexican restaurant. 
    I’ve had some great times sh!tfaced with coworkers. 
    Yeah. The owner’s dad was there. Tomorrow I’m either getting a new store or just fired. 

Well which is it?
    Neither. Guess I was more behaved than I thought. 
    How is the own shop plan going?
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
    Options
    @YukonRon , so sorry you and your family is having to go through that. Prayers for all involved. Your daughter will be stronger in the end for having experienced the “growing pains.”  Wisdom and strength are often the products of pain and suffering.  Hoping things get better soon, brother. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
    Options
    Prepping tonight’s chicken pot pie from leftover chicken and homegrown okras. Mrs. Dyal is gonna make the pie crusts (I suck at baking).  

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Packing her up & moving to Texas. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • WesJohnson
    WesJohnson Posts: 130
    edited July 2018
    Options
    wonderin the best way to combine hotdogs with Jell-O. rita brought home 2 packs of Zeigler's by mistake and I got orange Jell-O leftover from Easter. 
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Digging through some old pictures and had to stop and sigh remembering the A-4 Japanese Wagyu steaks to which I used to have access.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Is that $79 USD?
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    If the cow dies from a heart attack, do they still chop em up?
    Options
    Admiring the cover for my blackstone that I received from @Tspud1 today. It is very nice I recommend it to anyone considering it for their blackstones!
  • smokingal
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Is that $79 USD?
    Yep.  Not the cheapest, but worth a try once in my lifetime.
    Arteflame grill grate

• smokingal
    Options
    If the cow dies from a heart attack, do they still chop em up?
    Animals raised for slaughter by responsible ranchers which die prematurely are usually sent to veterinary pathologists for a necropsy to rule out any infectious diseases.
    Arteflame grill grate

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Did someone say mule?

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    50 cents a ear here.
    10 for $2 bucks here.
    Free here.  FIL is a farmer and have several friends that are farmers.  Buddy brought over prolly 50 ears 2 weekends ago.  Boiled and froze half of it.
    I miss my free Illinois sweet corn for sure! $.75 an ear here on sale.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    4 ears of corn and almost 3lbs of round roast for a whopping $4. I'm not really sure what I'm doing with the round roast yet but should make some descent sandwiches when sliced thinly. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota