Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner for 2,,,,,or 6

Options

I may have over cooked? 

Defrosted what I thought was a pork butt, happy surprise it was a 2 bone ribeye roast that I wrapped the hell out of! It had some hard fat and some silver skin that I cut off and when I was done trimming I had 2 - 2 1/2-3'' steaks and a ribeye cap.

Also had some pork chops and since the Egg was hot I may as well cook them up too. Couple of sweet potatoes and cause I need my greens the Wife whipped up a spinach salad.

Smoked at 275* with some mesquite and peach till the internal temp was 120* on the steaks. Wrapped the sweet potatoes in foil, nothing else. Once I pulled the steaks I removed the plate setter and brought the temp up to finish the chops that I had put on earlier to get some smoke flavor. 

Here are the finished pics. I have left overs!!!

XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m

Comments

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Wow -- every bit of that looks wonderful!

It's always nice to have human beings in pictures, and your lovely wife looks very happy with a great meal (and no doubt your company), but I'm sorry you didn't also take a picture with the cut side of the beef in focus, because it looks PERFECT, edge to edge wonderfulness!  Great job!
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Doesn't look over cooked to me. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Forgot this one

XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • Matt86m
    Options
    Theophan said:
    Wow -- every bit of that looks wonderful!

It's always nice to have human beings in pictures, and your lovely wife looks very happy with a great meal (and no doubt your company), but I'm sorry you didn't also take a picture with the cut side of the beef in focus, because it looks PERFECT, edge to edge wonderfulness!  Great job!
    Thank you.
    Forgot a pic. It rested and actually went a little more done than I had hoped but not too bad.

IG -->  matt_86m
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Great cook and money shot right there.  Congrats on maximizing those BTU's.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    You could have invited some of us over ...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Matt86m said:
    ... Forgot a pic. It rested and actually went a little more done than I had hoped but not too bad.
    It looks WONDERFUL!  Thanks for posting that one last photo!
  • Matt86m
    Options
    Theophan said:
    Matt86m said:
    ... Forgot a pic. It rested and actually went a little more done than I had hoped but not too bad.
    It looks WONDERFUL!  Thanks for posting that one last photo!

Thank you

IG -->  matt_86m