Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I often wear my fishing clothes to deal with the heat.  Vented, light, etc.

Any other brands to look for other than Columbia? I'm in love with their PFG stuff. 

Do you have an Academy Sports near you? They have a brand Magellan that has tons of stuff. Also Under Armor makes a few.

We just had one open across from my office. Sacrificed many Benjamin's to their cause. Great place.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Any other brands to look for other than Columbia? I'm in love with their PFG stuff. 

Do you have an Academy Sports near you? They have a brand Magellan that has tons of stuff. Also Under Armor makes a few.

Yep, got several. I'll check them out. Under Armor's pricing makes me angry tho. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    truck will now be ready this thursday =) cant wait to get rid of this rental beach barbie malibu car.  stupid thing shuts off everytime i come to a stop, almost cost an accident this morning coming out of an intersection with the startup delay
    Pull up to intersection, engine stops, lift off brake and back on again, engine restarts and ready to go.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SonVolt said:

I have a Habit fishing shirt on right now.  I don't really pay attention to brands, mostly it's just grabbing some stuff in my size at Costco or Sam's.  The fishing clothes get some abuse on the boat, bleach blotches, etc.
    Options
    Eoin said:
    truck will now be ready this thursday =) cant wait to get rid of this rental beach barbie malibu car.  stupid thing shuts off everytime i come to a stop, almost cost an accident this morning coming out of an intersection with the startup delay
    Pull up to intersection, engine stops, lift off brake and back on again, engine restarts and ready to go.
    Good advice.  I believe our Q5 turns that off in sport mode.  There is probably another way to turn it off.  

The delay is like 2 seconds at most.  How does that almost cause an accident?  Car barreling towards you as you're stopped and you have to move it or get hit?
    Options
    Eoin said:
    i was taking a left with stopped traffic going left to right, guy was good enough to let me creep out to the center line.  the quick stop, see i have an opportunity to hit the gas and go before the oncoming car gets there, hit the pedal and nothing for a second or two.  driving in the boston area is different than most places, you do not ever make eye contact or hesitate, those two things and the other driver punches the gas and cuts you off, its like you just nodded your head and waved him thru
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Seems like you need it in sport mode in boston.
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Seems like you need it in sport mode in boston.
    there isnt a sport mode in this model but it looks like you can set it in first, then put it in drive to make it go away everytime you want to move the car
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    blind spot sensors are another bad feature for the boston area,  people watch the sensors and the half second it takes for them to shut off they change lanes a foot and a half in front of your vehickle =) so much for a good technology
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,656
    Options
    Checkin hives today... looking at another 300 pints of honey in 1 month. Feeling a bit overwhelmed....
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Picked up 2 Magellan fishing shirts at Academy during lunch. Seem to be surprisingly well made and well fitted for a store brand. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

Picked up 2 Magellan fishing shirts at Academy during lunch. Seem to be surprisingly well made and well fitted for a store brand. 

Ya, I own about 8 in different colors. I wear them into the fall because some of them are long sleeves. Down here in Texas we can do that.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Good advice.  I believe our Q5 turns that off in sport mode.  There is probably another way to turn it off.  

The delay is like 2 seconds at most.  How does that almost cause an accident?  Car barreling towards you as you're stopped and you have to move it or get hit?
    Is your Q5 DSG? If you stop on Anne's A3 and the engine cuts, lift off the brake and it stays off. Very gently tap the throttle and it restarts, but does not creep. Then ready to go quickly. It doesn't behave like a normal auto.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    SonVolt said:

http://sansabelt.com/en/   :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:

Is your Q5 DSG? If you stop on Anne's A3 and the engine cuts, lift off the brake and it stays off. Very gently tap the throttle and it restarts, but does not creep. Then ready to go quickly. It doesn't behave like a normal auto.
    I assumed so, but I'm embarrassed to say I'm not certain.
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    SonVolt said:

Ya, I own about 8 in different colors. I wear them into the fall because some of them are long sleeves. Down here in Texas we can do that.
    I always buy them in long sleeves on account that I can roll them up or put them down for when deer flies and mosquitoes are out or if I develop a nasty heroin habit some time down the road.
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:

Ok, it's a 2018 and it looks like it has the DSG:

Transmission & Drivetrain

Seven-speed S tronic® dual-clutch automatic transmission with quattro® all-wheel drive

Options
    And faster from 0-60 than your Cayman (or my old POS911). !!!
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    In between thurnder boomers I did a few hot wings to have with the all star game.  Wings are still my achilles heel, but thanks to the advice from many here they  (wern't great but) very edible 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    And faster from 0-60 than your Cayman (or my old POS911). !!!
    It's a fun SUV insofar as SUVs are to drive, but I'm a second faster!

Q5 5.9 sec 0-60
    987 S 4.9 sec 0.60
    Options
    Suffice to say that in the spirit of preserving the continuation of this thread I am having a few issues with my letter carrier.  I won't go beyond the fact that supervisory interventions (alleged) have not corrected the problem over the course of a few months. Potential fireworks show 7/18 around 8:30 AM EDT.  
    What a friggin Cluster F!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Watching the all star game and occasionally looking out the window to watch the neighborhood bunnies peacefully frolicking in the yard.  
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Watching the all star game and occasionally looking out the window to watch the neighborhood bunnies peacefully frolicking in the yard.  
    I can fix that for you.....
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @theyolksonyou - I'm guessing real four-legged bunnies or... ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Just got off the train and now have a two hour drive home.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Had dinner out with friends. Came in last place in trivia. Did y’all know we est more bananas than tomatoes? #icallbullshit #robbed
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    "Waiter, I found a hare in my rabbit stew."  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I wouldn’t be advertising publicly if I were shooting rabbits out of season.