Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hello Again!

Options
NightwingXP
NightwingXP Posts: 448
edited July 2018 in EggHead Forum
Hello Egghead Forum! I’ve been away a long time and I recently got reason to return and enjoy everyone’s post’s and ideas! I’m a little excited to be back. I first discovered this forum when I lucked into a Medium BGE with an included table for $150 about 8 years ago or so. With the help of the awesome members of this community I was introduced to Tom at Ceramic Grill Store and got myself a Woo. My god, best thing I ever did. There was a member that gave awesome advice on using a Wok and doing stir fry (I apologize but I can’t remember his name and he changed his name at least once anyway) and that was fantastic. Several members suggested The Wok Shop out of San Francisco and my first wok from there was amazing! (Did you know if you forget to take it back into the house after you use it and leave it for several days in the rain it really kinda kills the lifespan of these suckers) Anyway the reason I returned was due to another fantastic deal that fell into my lap. I recently stumbled upon a deal on FB that a gal had posted for a Kamado Joe Classic Gen 1. She had it posted for $350 and when I contacted her she immediately said that she would take $300. This Joe had belonged to her brother and he recently passed away in December. Her and her sister were selling the remainder of his estate and they just wanted it over with and wanted some closure. They had hoped to find someone that would appreciate this grill as much as he did. They were an hour and a half away from me but I couldn't pass on this deal so I rangled the father in law and we road tripped to get it. Once I go it home and cleaned it out I found that her brother had barely used this Joe. The original factory sticker was still under the daisy wheel on the top vent. The fire box, fire ring, and interior bottom of the Joe were all still factory tan and the grill was only half charred on the inside. I immediately sent her a message thanking her again and promised that I would use and enjoy this Joe at least as much if not more than her brother. She was so very nice! This forum has helped shape the way that I grill, smoke, and bbq today. I'm anxious to be back and look forward to all of your input once more. Thanks for reading all of this =) Have a good one everybody!
Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!

Comments

• NightwingXP
    Options
  • Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    Options
    Welcome back!
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I'm sure you'll be smoking all kinds of good grub in honor of her brother. I'm glad to see it go to a good home 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Welcome back. Like the setup. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NightwingXP
    Options
    Thanks. I’m anxious to get this baby rolling. I have a Pitmaster IQ pit controller and I’m ready to see what this baby can do. What have you guys been cooking lately? Any recommendations?