Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - The inverted Wankel Engine - OT

Options
2»

Comments

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Botch said:
    My two mercedes 240 Ds run on waste veggie oil.....
    I've always been curious about that; how long does it take you, say per week, to collect that oil?  And I'm assuming you get it for free?  
    Wvo is very easy to source for free in phx.  Just get to know a few restaurant owners. Wvo works best as a fuel in hot weather so i. Switch back to regular diesel in oct amd run it through april,   then as it heats up here the wvo, filtered properly be omes a virtually unlimited and cheap or free energy source to power transportation needs
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    I was one of the early believers in the Wankel engine and bought 2 RX-7 brand new.
    Both cars were fuel mizers, but would accelerate like a dream!
    I had one and it guzzled gas and the cat-back would literally set the ground on fire.
    Neither of ours did. What you mean about a cat-back is over my head! 
    I was quite happy with our 2 new RX-7s after a real let down with our previous Datsun 260Z. All 3 had been purchased brand new. When we went in to buy our 3rd RX-7 they wanted $41K even above our trade-in! I said something polite since my wife was there - like F U and the horse you rode in on!

One day later we bought a brand new '95 Corvette for $35K and trade in. 
    41K for a 1995 Mazda RX-7 is a ton of dough at the time. If I remember right your Vette has really low miles. If you had that RX-7 with the same amount of miles it would be worth over 41K or more today. Which is crazy that a Mazda would hold more value than a Corvette. I know I'd enjoy a Corvette more than Mazda. A clean stock low mile mid 90's RX-7 is becoming a needle in a haystack. I can see why the value is there
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,747
    Options
    @RRP So I was a poor college student and bought an old RX7 used.  Engine needed a rebuild, leaky seals, guzzled gas.  The CAT (catalytic converter) and cat back - everything behind it - mufflers, pipe, etc, would get so hot from the extra fuel burning in it, rather than the engine, it would glow red at night (visible glow on ground) and it would literally set the ground on fire.  Typically dry grass would burst into flame. 

Loved the car, great, flat torque curve, but sucked gas and cased forest fires. 

Didn't have enough money to rebuild engine.  But I did love my 260 and 240z cars even more.

Apex seals are a consumable.
    seen that on a friends jeep, we punched out the cat with a pipe and the problem went away. he probably would have blown the engine if we didnt, surprised the wenkel didnt explode
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    WeberWho said:

If I remember right your Vette has really low miles. 
    Yes - still a pampered '95. Just hit 16,400 miles last week end. Seems like it gets lower to the ground and harder to get in and out of every year! But being 74 years young I'll just hang on to it for the pleasure drives it gives me and the Mrs.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    RRP said:
    WeberWho said:

If I remember right your Vette has really low miles. 
    Yes - still a pampered '95. Just hit 16,400 miles last week end. Seems like it gets lower to the ground and harder to get in and out of every year! But being 74 years young I'll just hang on to it for the pleasure drives it gives me and the Mrs.

Hard to beat that color combo
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    @RRP

While i appreciate vettes (, my unicorn is a 66 327 4 speed silver blue with black carpet white seats and wooden steering wheel see  Con Air )

But i am digging that desert silver 210 in the garage  gas, diesel, 320, 430?

Ive been searching for an e55 AMG 210 chassis, you can still drive em daily and maintenance isnt a killer.   Id love a 124 500E but they are getting so valuable it is hard to justify driving them anymore. 17 yrs ago i had the chance to buy a 300 sel 6.3 for 6k.  Guy at barrett jax didnt want to haul it back home after it didnt sell for reserve price whichnwas higher than 6k. It wasnt perfect but a #8.5 condition car .  
    Fyi my daily driver is a 94 e320 wagon.  Black on black   really cool car, 3rd row seat and it is bulletproof safe, reliable and drives better than any newer car i checked out